OMEGA SHEYI

Please vote! Thanks for choosing this read!

♡♡♡

Omega Sheyi stood from the golden stool, as Lord Xevanior walked through the large mahogany door with his overpowering presence, bold but graceful. Unflinching she looked him in the eyes in that single moment, and as before, automatically her brain set in to unravel this new puzzled expression of bitter grief that stood on his face.

He was meant to be here, to perform his duties as the next heir to the throne but she knew, they all knew he had failed.

Failure synonym to weak, in Knight terms.

At least for now, he had no Alpha bond, he could still claim it, if only the Alpha marked beast came forth.

It wasn't only sympathy she felt for him. Shame too!

Last night, miles away from the battle field she had felt the last stiff breaths of her Alpha. Pain had exploded through her, not physically but her heart felt the pains of death of loosing an Alpha. She struggled to breath in anguish. It was all part of the Alpha bonding. Everyone had felt it. In the instance after recovering, relieving herself from the scrunched up position she had found herself in, she smelt troubles soon to be knocking on the doors of the Knight fortress if the meeting never happened.

Sheyi knew war was next, grandfather had told her, in his last days.

Strong, bold and beautiful as she was, her world of imaginations had been her only friend and her instinct rode her on. For her, it was to make the best of her post as an Omega to whoever sat on the throne and for the greater good of the people.

Her thoughts ran back to few days ago, late one night, in her closet. As she pushed the pointed comb through her silky long hair curls and waxed her dark armpit hairs then curved her brows and washed off the sand dust off her golden skin from training. It happened then, over the shower, she heard the voices.

She had ran out, leaving the showers running. She spread the large dark towels accross her brown skin.

Racing to her door front, not bothered about the dull lit hall she ran with her wet feet on the brown marbled floor, to the hall varenda.

Pushing her rounded face forward, she smelt it, kilometres away, beyond the ten fortresses.

Solson pines perfume mixed with masculine sweat which intoxicated her.

His voice.

Or his thoughts.

Who could this be?

His heavy last words now choked her into reality, with a jerk she woke from the memories.

The shiny armoured guards at the door stood there briefly to open the doors to exclusive elites, the members of the elder council. Lord Xevanior's appearance signalled the end of their duty. They shut the doors, going back to their second post, to guard it.

Sheyi moved. Her five foot nine form walked bravely to the front of the elites. Her silky curls dangled just below her shoulders in the tight pony sitting on her head. She knew she was beauty but she never let it define her.

Coming from a lineage of great warriors, whose generation had been the only one to born forth three Omegas, she knew who she was and who she was expected to be as an omega, a female one. The first of her kind. It had come as a blow to the widely male dominated Kingdom. Women weren't appointed warriors, the highest they could attain was to be a seer. At least that didn't require them going into battle. Her gift from GOD wasn't granted to her with the full benefits for she was cut shut from going to the warfront.

Grandfather had said to her from childhood, no matter what think like a man.

So she reasoned like a man, a brave man like her grandfather, Omega Rudolph. So she trained in the fields with the men. This was only after the court had given her the freedom to do so, at least for denying her a place at the war-front and more over, to her ignorance, out of respect for the sacrifice her grandfather had offered the pack years ago.

Now she stared across the enormously magnificent room holding at the middle, a large circular gold plated table. The walls were made of royal purple, smooth and shiny. The hundreds of portraits of mighty warriors who were once members of this council adorned the walls. From the first alpha to his beta and his Omega then the next alpha generation, no luna, no seer, no female.

She paused to wonder if her portrait will ever go up there when her ghost departs to the ancestral world.

She stood below the bronze chandelier to deliver her very important speech to the thirteen elites in the room. She was here to find out what she needed to know.

"Good morning elders" without waiting for a reply she went on. "Our future is at stake from today. We've lost our King, our mighty and brave man in a fierce war to regain another stronghold." A brief pause. "But even worse there is no Alpha."

She resisted the urge to look at Xevanior's face.

"We stand a chance of facing harsh rebellion from our captives and slaves, least expected our pack members. We all know the importance of the Alpha bond effect, the mighty bond created by the Trichoins to bring about submission by our people. It's gone!"

She glanced at the seer, "We need to know who bears the mark, who carries on their shoulder, our Alpha bond."

"If none of the pack members, who went out to war, bears the mark, it's quite evident another wolf bears it" the rough aged voice belonging to a chief representing a region from the ten fortresses came alive.

"Worse scenario, a member of the Amano pack. This could spell fierce war", another dark middle aged chief representative spoke calmly.

"We never saw this coming, it's been a deep blow to our foundations....", another said with eyes fixed smilingly on Beta Raphael then spurning to view Sheyi.

"Blessed seer, I think it's time the council hears from you", Beta Raphael cuts out after clearing his throat to gain attention, disinterested with hearing what he thought he knew, in fact what he knew deeper.

All this while, Xevanior sat crossed arm. His eyes unflinching from Sheyi's face.

"Who is she?" the blessed seer finally spoke, looking beyond Xevanior's head.

All eyes looked to the direction her thin freckled index fingers pointed at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
●Kindly vote

●Please leave a comment

●Thanks for reading

●1095 words

●What do you think Omega Sheyi knows?

●Do you like her or not?

●My intention for her is to be a powerful feminine and fierce character.