FIRST PANGS OF WAR

Thanks for choosing this read. Kindly leave your votes.

♡♡♡

The night was fastly approaching as though it was impatient and in haste for the second half of the day to unfold itself. To unfold it's drama too.

So when the street night candles came on and illuminated the street. The night stood silent.

And when the fast feet of a stranger walking into the home of a priest was heard, the night kept silent watching.

When Sheyi crossed the three borders to the fourth Knight's fortress, the sky impatiently struck dark.

It stood silent reading the thoughts of apprehension by the saddened townspeople who had lost an Alpha.

~~~~~~~~~~

Loseph was one of these town people. He was closing the farm door when he spotted the violet coloured hooded stranger pass. He had taken it for a royal messenger. After all royal violet was royalty colour, he said to himself mentally.

But when he had gone out to purchase some more kerosene for his lantern, he saw this same hooded stranger by the town's riverside. The notorious Black water.

He stood transfixed, staring at this being, until amidst confusion, he finally realized the stranger's coat gave off black light rays meaning this individual had on a black coat and could only be a different hooded person. He stood there battling on what to do.

The moon as usual stood at the other end of the river as though it was uprising from the river. This stranger stood at one corner of the riverside unflinching.

Loseph took the first step to inquire but he finally sensed it. The smell of fear overtook him. This stranger was radiating off fear. That meant only one thing. Whoever it was knew Loseph was watching them. Loseph pulled his foot back.

But his warrior instinct rooted him in that spot making him unable to follow his natural instinct for survival, to run. He was a Knight warrior and running for fear wasn't his training.

So when he matched further down stopping just one and a half metres away from the stranger, he did it to inquire for his Kingdom, as his duty required, to protect.

But when the slash of the sword moved swiftly, unluckily for this stranger who didn't know they were in for a battle with a high ranked knight warrior, Loseph flew backwards swiftly turning into his large brown wolf form in anger.

As quick as he transformed, he started racing the stranger down, deeper into the forest. In anger, he fiercely tore through the tree branches, turning swiftly just in time before hitting the Iroko trees. But as the stranger climbed from trees to trees going higher and higher, something Loseph couldn't do, he stopped the chase and turned quickly, racing back to the town.

Unchanging, he raced to the palace gates, to the tenth fortress, at the centre of the Knight kingdom. He had to alert the leaders. There was an intruder in town, likely two or even more.

♧♧♧

Sheyi mounted down from her white horse. She led it to the barn behind the large house and tied it to the wooden stick as the horse settled to rest with the other horses.

Stepping closer to the large wooden house at the middle of the row of eight other houses, owned by relatives, she smelt the roasted fish aroma. She pushed the door, revealing home. Her first home since childbirth. The large house was jittering with laughter but when she stepped in, the sharp silence that overtook the room was a sad sight.