Chapter 4: The Knight Academy

Tema was wandering through a strange corridor with no real identifying features apart from the odd simmering lamp scattered around and the ageing Stone surrounding the room looked polished and reinforced "where am I?...this hallway is built on metal...like they're containing something...but what?" As he walked he heard sounds coming from further down the corridor "what's that sound? it's voices I think?" curious he ventured down until he came to a T-junction "So to the right there's sunlight but to the to the left Is the voice. Common sense says right and curiosity says left...I'll take...curiosity"  

Taking the left turn the voice began coming clearer and clearer  "someone please help me"

"It was a voice...it sounds like a girl...just turn down here...then here and..." he came to a big wooden door so big he looked like a toddler to it "jeez how tall is this thing they're keeping in here. "ell...I can't open it" He found a small gap at the bottom  "again common sense telling me to go back...well...I don't know what's behind this door"

"Let me out please" said the voice

"Why should I?" said the 2nd

"Wait...that does sound like a girl but...she's talking to someone else. I can't hear them clearly" 

Tema pressed his ear to the door as he listened to them speaking.

 "How long do I have to stay in here" pleaded the voice

"That's none of your concern you will stay here as long as your needed"

"Please I just want to go home"

"You are home now goodnight" the person walked away until its footsteps of the second person vanished. The girl started sobbing quietly

"Poor girl...she's been captured by these people. Well...the second guy has gone let's crawl through" he shimmied through but grew scared at what was on the other side.

 He entered the dark room, hardly able to see his hand"there's no light in here at all. This room is large...that much I do know from the echo. I'd better walk slowly" however despite his caution he walked into a metallic bar and bounced back on the floor "Ow....ow...ow...ow...that hurt...jeez. What did I hit? It feels like a metal bar. I'll go around...no...there's another one and another one...there's a whole row" His eyes adjusted to the dark enough so he could see that they were a row of bars about as tall as a house.  "whatever they are keeping in here...is at least...huge. There's something behind them. Just squeeze through...hello?"

"oh...who's there?"

"its Tema I came to help you. Who are you?"

" I am Ariana"

Suddenly he sprang up In his room gasping  "wait...what...I'm...in the bedroom" he opened the window and looked outside to see the villagers  going about the day "it was a dream just a dream but... it seemed so real. She said her name was...Ariana? But...I didn't even see what she looked like"

"TEMA, BREAKFAST IS READY" called Sophia from downstairs. Tema went downstairs to some fresh milk and freshly baked scones with butter. 

Tema told Sophia about the dream and whether she had heard the name Ariana before "I am afraid not Tema, but eat up today is your first day of knight Academy"

"What is the Knight Academy?"

"It's sort of like a school. Students from both kingdoms train there in fighting and spell casting, it's also a guild where you can take jobs and earn some money" Sophia was clearing the table while Tema thought about what the place would be like