Chapter 7 The Test of Strength and Ties

The teacher entered the room and all the room fell silent "gather together in a square NOW" obediently the whole class line up in nice square formation "I am mister Anacra so  do as I say and no gets hurt"  a chuckle could be heard in the crowd "YOU!!"  suddenly the class fell silent again as he walked over to the group and pointed to a boy in the middle "over here now" the boy was of average height and wore a green suit of armour (but not metal more like padded clothes) and had blue hair "you think this is funny boy?" the boy just stood there "cat got your tongue? Right now to think of a punishment. Let's see what would be the best for you...I know how strong are you?"

"Stronger than most teachers in this school including you"

"are you then? Here is the punishment fight me and exit the door you win but get beaten and you lose as simple as that"

"simple as that well prepare to lose"  

The boy pulled a sword out and charged at the teacher but he just stood there unarmed. He struck with the sword and the teacher just vanished. The boy looked round to see where he was and with a thud the teacher landed behind him "there you are" he struck again but the teacher again just stood there. The boy charged but the teacher Anacra caught his sword with one hand "it that all you've got young man?" the boy looked bewildered and was struggling to free his sword "here's your punishment" he deflected the sword and punched him so fast the boy didn't feel the blow. 

After the moment the blow had sunk in, the boy coughed from the shock. Everyone else looked in horror but the teacher was doing something else. He was charging a lot of energy in the extended arm and without warning released it Brutal Blast an explosion erupted sending the boy backwards through the air and smashed him into the wall. He landed on the floor clearly knocked out.

It took a few moments to process the event. Everyone just stood there except what seemed to be the boy's friend who examined him and saw he was barely alive and quickly picked him up and carried him out. Lucile was the first to respond "you didn't have to be so hard, you could have killed him" the teacher was still in his pose from the punch, he stood up straight unimpressed and looked towards Lucile

"I told you anyone who crosses me will pay" replied the teacher curtly "I felt the brutal blast was necessary to lighten his ego. Now today's session. You all fight me to test your mettle but I have to warn you I fight with magic" in a short display he thrust one hand to the side of him and a bolt of lightning erupted from his arm and smashed the wall causing cracks to appear "Sword's in particular are particularly weak to magic so you have to learn how to dodge or guard if you. This is a test as every fighter has a weakness and you need to learn how to defend yourself now first in line come on up" everyone one at a time went to the teacher and each were beaten, some worse than others.

 One was burnt badly by a fireball, one was sliced by air currents and one even nearly drowned by a whirlpool trap. Fortunately Tema and his friends were at the back but as he looked on something about the teacher felt very wrong "for a teacher...he has a way of doing things but...everyone is coming back badly injured...and he's not exactly holding back" everyone came away injured as one by one he was dispatching everyone in the room if not with magic then his own body. A boy had his leg broken from a kick, one had a black eye, several had dislocated shoulder's and one was covered in blood.

 There were only a few people left including Tema and friends and the teacher looked agitated "is there no one who can give me a challenge at least, right new assignment anyone who doesn't beat me will get the same treatment as the first boy" a girl in front of Tema was shivering with fear and ran for the door but the teacher on instinct thrust his hand forwards "Dark laser" a Black energy beam was fired at her. The beam only skimmed her but the girl fell to the floor.