Chapter 14B Finding Forgiveness

(the perspective shifts to Sakura as she tries to find Tema)

The girls witnessed the explosion in Dark sabre and set out to try and find Tema if he was even alive. Lucile and Fiona set to look around the city in case he landed, Sophia looked in the coliseum and both Sakura and Nikistatia looked outside the city. Sakura was looking towards the forest located a little away from the city. Guilt consumed her as she couldn't stop thinking about the boy which she practically destroyed. "what am I going to do? Even if I find him how will he ever forgive me?" she continued searching but to no avail and the sky was turning dark seeing how hopeless it was she sat down on the open field "I have to find him hey what's that?" next to her was a small singed piece of fabric "it looks like a piece of some clothing. It's been singed though. However it looks like a piece of Tema's clothing! He must have been sent this way" she got up and followed the direction.

 She found other small pieces of the same fabric which led her to a dense forest but by now night had almost set in. "well hopefully he landed in the forest but still what am I going say?" she traversed through the forest with some difficult, it was difficult to keep a sense of direction. She had no idea where she was going and even where Tema was, with night making traversing now impossible, she had no choice but to make camp and rest for the night.

She managed to get a fire going and sat there all on her own with nothing but her memories. The world was silent will only the hooting of owls and a cry of a hawk being heard in the forest. "you...were so kind to everyone. You looked after everyone and you enjoyed...why did you go and leave us?...why did you attack the people who called you friend?...you made me so angry and now...someone innocent has suffered because of it"

After a while she was starting to nod off but rustling could be heard in the distance. She quickly stood up readying her sword as the rustling became closer and closer until Kyla materialised carrying something wrapped in a piece of fabric. "who are you?" she didn't answer but beckoned her closer

"do you know this person?" she revealed Tema wrapped in the fabric

"Tema TEMA!!!"

"hang on let me put him down" she propped him up against a tree near the fire. Sakura went over to inspect him, he was very badly hurt and was still emotionless and vacant

"I see your still the same" he turned towards her direction who he didn't seem aware of her. 

Kyla walked over to Sakura "so do you know this boy?"

"I...do he lived with us for a while"

"I feel your aura covered in guilt"  Sakura looked sadly at the limp Tema on the floor

"they used me"

"what do you mean?"

"long ago there was a man who cared for me a lot who one day he just up and left. I was...angry and never forgave him. One day he comes along and reminds me of him so..."

"So you let your anger out on this young man?" Sakura nodded sadly "what a fate. He's unable to feel, think even live"

"isn't there anything we can do?"

"I don't know. He has had everything ripped from him."

"couldn't we give him back what he lost?"

"I can't say but if that is true you will have to give reason to live, feel and give him a purpose" Sakura sat next to Tema and just watched the fire. "rest here for the time being but you must leave here these woods are dangerous." She started walking away. "you will hear a cry of a falcon a little later that will be your signal to leave. I bid you farewell and may the goddess watch over you" she vanished into the dark forest leaving Sakura alone with Tema.

Time seemed to stand still as she waited with the limp Tema still blankly staring at the fire, his eyes still empty and vacant. Sakura turned to him "Tema, can you even hear me?"  she got no response "I'm so sorry, everyone told me you were different  but I wouldn't listen. I was determined you were the same."

"mon...ster" he muttered

"What did you say? monster? No you're not a monster" he looked in her direction and so slowly lifted up his arm to which he touched her arm where a wound was

 "mon...ster" and his arm fell limp again

"the scratch on my arm. He caused  it when he went all feral" she put her hand over the scratch and looked sad "you caused this but it wasn't your fault. I was the one who made you that way" the silence was broken by the cry of a hawk "that must be the signal come on" with some difficulty she put him on her back and carried him out of the forest towards the town of Dark sabre

© 2012 by T.Mullaney All rights reserved.