Hide and Seek

Movement exploded in the hallway. Smokescreen lept directly at Ravage, screaming as loud as he could. The twins rapidly transformed and speed around on either side. Sunstreaker grabbed Bumblebee and pushed him around the corner into the intersection.

Smokescreen had caught Ravage off balance, and was pummeling him ineffectively with his fists.

Ravage snarled. The insolent youngling. He raised a paw and viciously swiped the sparkling off of him.

"Smokey!" cried Sideswipe as his friend was thrown across the hall. Ravage leapt onto the downed bitlit, and bared his large fangs, preparing to sink them into his exposed neck. The red twin gave a shout and jumped onto the Cyber Cat's back. He held on for dear life as Ravage bucked and thrashed, trying to throw him off. Smokescreen got up and ran over to where Sunstreaker stood, watching in fascinated horror as his brother rodeoed the decepticon. Bee was clinging to his leg, afraid.

"We have to do something!"

"I know im thinking!" shouted Sunstreaker, "just give me a minute!" he cried panicked.

"He doesn't have a minute!"commanded Smokescreen as he flung out a servo, gesturing to the still thrashing pair. Sunstreaker clutched at the side of his helm as his processor whirled. Suddenly his face brightened.

"Sideswipe! Operation Wheeljack!" he cried.

"Woah- oh- ok!" sideswipe cried out as he was thrown about. His grip was slipping.

Ravage snarled and shook and spun. Why wouldn't this bitlit just get the frag off! He didn't have time for this! Finally he threw his whole body weight at the wall. There was a thunderous crack as the red youngster lost his grip.

Smokescreen watched in horror as Sideswipe was slammed against the wall, and then lay still. His optics blinked fuzzly in and out of focus as he lay there, and as Ravage stalked nearer.

"What are you doing!" smokescreen cried as he turned to sunstreaker. He was fiddling with a few of the energon goodies they had brought for Bumblebee.

"Your brother is about to get scrapped and your messing with sweets!" he shouted. Sunstreaker ignored him and concentrated harder on his task. He was sticking the small friction poppers wheeljack had regretted giving to them into petroleum tarts.

"Now!" he shouted as he threw them as hard as he could against the floor. The poppers detonated upon impact, sparking just enough to ignite the energon in the deserts. Thick black smoke rapidly poured from the improvised ordinance, filling the hallway and reducing the visibility to zero.

"Drive drive drive!" he heard someone shout. Smokescreen transformed and threw the bitlit on his roof.

"Hang on bumblebee!" he shouted a shrill alarm sounded as the smoke reached the ships particle sensors. The ship's safety protocols tuned on, and the sprinkler system let loose, making driving slippery. Smokescreens tiers skidded as he tried desperately not to lose sight of the tail lights in front of him. One of the twins was leading the way through the low visibility corridor. As they raced further and further away from the hallway, the air cleared, and Smokescreen was able to make out Sideswipe behind him, and Sunstreaker in front. Bumblebee clung desperately to his roof. They pushed their speedometers to the max through a confusing labyrinth of orange corridors.

Back in the hanger, the assembled bots give a collective cry of confusion as the fire systems turned on, and soaked everyone. Red alert, Prowl, Ratchet, Eleta, and Optimus Prime rushed to the security console in the shuttle bay.

"Whats going on!" demanded Prowl.

"Working on it," replied Red Alert irately as he typed furiously on the consul. "Particle alarm was tripped in section three, getting a visual now," he reported as he worked.