Back to the Barn

Smokescreen was woken up by a loud banging on the door to the storage room. It woke the others as well. The twins had the sense to stifle their cries of surprise, but smokescreen had to clamp a servo over bumblebees mouth to silence his wails. Whoever was out there banged on the door again. The auto lock had taken over when the ship was put into emergency lockdown, but whoever was out there was determined. The children shrank back into the vent as far as they would fit.

BANG

BANG

The door shuddered. Light seeped in through where the door started to pull off of the frame

BANG

BANG

The twins held each other to try and stop the rattling in their plating. Smokescreen clutched the bitlit tighter than he thought possible. Silent tears ran down Bee's face.

BANG

CRASH

The door flew inward. Shafts of light streamed into the room and through the vent grate. Who ever was out there, they were much larger than a cyber cat.

"Sideswipe, Sunstreaker! Where are ya boys!" the herd a rough drawl cry out.

"Smokescreen where are you?" a higher voice called. The sparklings felt their cabling un tense. It was Ironhide and Chromia. They were saved!

"Were over here Chromia," sounded off Smokescreen as he handed off Bumblebee and undid the vent grate. The adults rushed into the back of the room and scooped up the bitlits as they crawled out.

"Thank primus you boys are alright. When we saw tha security footage we were mighty worried." Ironhide exclaimed as he trapped the twins in a frame crushing embrace with Bumblebee was smooshed in the middle. He was free to cry, this time in relife. Ironhide was big and strong and he would never let anything happen to them.

"Oh Smoky your bleeding! What happened, we were all so worried when you took off." Chromia babbled as she checked him over for further injury.

"Optimus, Eleta, we found tha bitlits. The're a lill shaken but otherwise ahll right. They were hidden in a duct vent in a storage room, that's why they didn't show up on any of tha camera feeds." Ironhide spoke into his com.

"Excellent work. Bring them down to med bay so Ratchet can check them out. Ravage has fled the ship, and we are sending a small platoon after him." Optimus's voice sounded over the com link.

Ratchet paced around in the med bay. He always hated this part. While the others were out completing the mission, all he had to do was sit around and wait for the damage report to roll in. and it was the waiting was the worst part. Especially since it was his bitlits out there. He was just completing another lap when the call came in on the collective com line. Ironhide and Chromia had found them. It almost made Ratchet believe in primus. When they finally reached the medbay, Ratchet was anxious to whisk all four sparklings away as fast as he could. They were on his terf now, and he was going to make damned sure that they were alright.

Fist up was Bumblebee. The bright yellow bitlit had fallen asleep on Ironhide's shoulder on the walk to medbay. Ratchet, gingerly pried the bitlits fingers from the seams of Ironhide's armor. He handed the warrior a towel to wipe the drool off of his plating. Thankfully, Bee was fine. Exhausted, but fine. Ratchet was able to put him down in his pen to sleep. Next he approached the twins

"You boys scared the scrap out of me!" he cried as he grabbed each sparkling by the shoulders, turning them this way and that under his scanner.

"Ratchet were fine!" wined Sideswipe.