Chapter 7: Relished Affection (Festival Arc 2/4)

(A/N)

Welcome to part two. This one is without a doubt the shortest of this four parter. You'll see what I mean when we jump to the next two.

Don't worry about this one being so short. I promise it will be worth it, for what comes next.

Enjoy

* * * * *

"Of course I didn't eat them all!" the little creature protested huffily.

"Is that true? You left some for us to study with?" she questioned in a dry voice.

"Sakura. . ." Kero was suddenly very serious, "Would I jeopardize my chance at festival sweets?" His dotted eyes somehow managed to look wide and innocent.

Sakura couldn't take it and broke out in giggles. "Okay, Kero-chan, that's enough. I believe you," she waved him off. "You left some of Syaoran-kun's favorite, right?"

"If I didn't, you'd really be mad at me," he was pouting, now.

"Great!" Sakura clapped her hands together in triumph and gave Syaoran a determined look. "I'll get tea and snacks and then we can finish our homework!"

"Can I help with something?" the boy asked.

"That's all right, I'll be done in a second. Make yourself at home in the meantime."

With that, she was gone; disappearing into the kitchen leaving nothing but happy humming in her wake. With nothing better to do than wait for his beloved, Syaoran took a seat on the living room sofa, eyeing the lion-like beast as he hovered close by.

"Aah. . . I wanted some dango, too."

Syaoran raised an eyebrow. "With all the snacks you've likely already eaten? Glutton..."

Without a word, Kero turned, leaving the boy to yelp as little fangs sunk deeply into his hand. Shaking the appendage wildly, Syaoran tried to dislodge the creature, but only succeeded when he let go willingly as Sakura came storming back into the room after apparently hearing the ruckus and inferring what had happened.

"Kero-chan, knock it off! It's not his fault you ate all the sweets I left for you, already," she scolded, slamming down the tray containing their tea and dango so that even Syaoran shrunk down into his seat a little.

"Hmph, you're always taking the brat's side now that you guys are getting married," Kero pouted, making both teens faces color exponentially. "But I guess I'll let it go for today."

Trying to tamp down her blush proved futile, so Sakura settled for clearing her throat awkwardly, "Anyway Kero-chan, we have to study in my room, so if you're going to play games, move them down here. Onii-chan and dad won't be home until late, so just don't leave them out, okay?"

"Right!" Kero's energy was back in full swing. "Today I'm going to break my record and make Suppie cry tears of envy!"

His prattling continued as they followed him upstairs, where he swiftly unhooked the array of cords and hefted the gaming device above his head with surprising strength, then fluttered back downstairs with a victorious cry.

Syaoran sighed while Sakura giggled.

"What subjects do you have?" he asked, smiling a little due to her laughs.

"Just math," she looked sheepish, "And you know how bad I am at that."

"I have that too, so we can work on it together."