𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Gobsmacked. That's how he left me. Absolutely gobsmacked.

It made me wonder who the man behind the pair of aviators is. Who was he to evoke such a reaction from girls and paparazzi alike? And to think we actually bumped into each other.

So now sitting here at the back of a cab with my luggage in hand, I am going over my thoughts yet again since they seemingly went haywire with my most recent encounter with the male species. I'm currently heading to the studios of Aspect Cinema based here in Los Angeles to start the job they offered me to do. The manager said that as soon as production starts, I'll be offered the job. And since it was just recently announced that it would start today, I'm in luck that the flight I booked just seemed to match the date.

One thing that drew me to this job is the generous sum of money they were willing to pay me if I managed to survive six months in. I wonder what job they had waiting for me. They made it sound so gruesome. But I'm pretty sure it won't be that bad. Aside from that, they'll be giving me a four-digit sum on my first day. Which is more than enough to pay rent for months here.

I haven't actually found a place to crash in yet. I do think that it won't be so hard since this time around, I actually have money to burn. Plus if I do this job right, they'll be taking a look at my script which is the most exposure I'll get my whole life.

So I'll be certain that I won't do this job just for the sake of it. It's a very great deal already being served to me on a silver platter. I'll be sure not to disappoint my employers.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't even notice that the cab came to a complete stop around a building. And I wouldn't have busted out of my trance if the driver didn't speak to me.

"Hey miss, we're here," he snapped, clearly already getting irritated with me.

In a rush, I paid him his fare and stepped out, feeling the heat whipping against my skin. A stark contrast to the cold air from the air conditioning of the taxi.

The architecture that stood before me is really a sight to see. To big shots in Hollywood, maybe it wasn't much that they wouldn't waste a second glance. But to me, a person who has been dreaming of working in a place like this, a person who has wanted to get her big break, this was incredible. Everything just felt surreal.

The driver actually dropped me off in front of a big wall, which had bold letters on it with the words Aspect Cinema on it. A sign to show off the prestige oozing off of it.

I ambled my way past the entrance. And there for me to see, proudly stood the pride of the studios for all to see. It covered a large expanse of land, two stories high. It didn't have the traditional roof. Instead it had a slanting see-through shade that looms over so close to the entrance to give passersby some shade. There were windows on the second floor but not quite as much on the bottom floor. The exterior is coloured grey, a distinct color from the roof.

As I made my way to the entry, I was a bit starstruck myself. This is it. We're in the big leagues. How many times have I dreamt of living in a moment just like this?

Although Aspect was quite famous, it wasn't nearly as well-known as Goulding Film Productions. If you think Aspect is prestigious, you should take a look at Goulding. It puts all of Aspect to shame since it's ten times more renowned.

One could only dream of working there. So for now, Aspect Cinema will have to do. Baby steps. You have to trust the process.

Two guards were at the door, situated as such to prevent unwanted people from passing through. "Harper Ross, new job here," I said, as a means of passage.

One guard babbled into his walkie-talkie while the other stood as straight as a stick. "Harper Ross is here, new job she says," he informed the person on the other end.