𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

I woke up in a bed this morning (an actual bed, unlike the bench I slept on yesterday). And felt glorious. In fact, so glorious that I just had to stretch my arms out to welcome the start of a new day.

My good mood is solely because of finally securing a job at Goulding Film Productions. Not really the job I would love to have, but it's a start. Again, baby steps. Besides, I think the pay would be good. And will help my waning bank balance.

Today, I didn't even snooze my alarm. Another proof that I was feeling really great today. Although later on, I'd bet my sister's net worth that some inconvenience would happen to ruin it.

After the encounter with the Gouldings yesterday, I got a job. Not a minimum wage one, which I'm really proud of. A far cry from the Flaming Bean back at home.

After the bizarre conversation back at Alexander's office, he gave me details on work and what I would do for him. Like knowing his schedule and alerting him of meetings and getting his coffee and filling out all necessary paperwork. Little tedious things like that.

He even made a little comment about how his Uncle Cristopher didn't hate me, unlike his other secretaries. "He gets all strict with people even if they don't try rubbing him off the wrong way," he said. I don't even get it since I'm not charismatic at all. That's not me, that's Stella.

Last night after realizing that I officially wasn't jobless, I scraped together all the money I had on me and decided to buy this apartment yesterday. Imagine the immense joy I felt once I realized I would be sleeping in a cozy bed that I could call my own.

It had an open floor plan and had a functional kitchen, where I could easily spend my time eating microwaved food. There's a small living room with a flatscreen television and a brand new looking sofa. My bed (which is super comfortable) is situated on the other side of the flat and had side tables on either side.

Obviously since LA really had a way of giving everything a sleek touch, my apartment had a modern finish. With artistic photographs framed on the walls and cool tones.

I'm actually one more step closer to my dreams. Secretary today, scriptwriter by tomorrow.

When my sister decided not to give me a chance the other day, I was shattered. I had painted this little picture in my head that I was finally in LA and the world was my oyster. Or so I thought.

So when she did that, it was like a punch to the gut. A reckoning that life really isn't that easy and that I should've known better. At that time, I really didn't know what the future would've held. I kind of thought that I'd be packing up so early and eating my heart out with ice cream together with Isobel.

And now, my life isn't so gloom and doom. A prayer answered, albeit. I wouldn't waste this second chance, not unless my sister sabotages me. Again. I had to thank the deities above once more for that.

Getting out of bed, I headed to get my laptop from my bag. As discussed yesterday, Alexander would be sending his schedule to me and all other essential paperwork to me via email.

I hadn't opened my bag last night. Heck, I didn't even change last night. I've been looking for a place to stay. And I didn't even find this snug place until one o'clock in the morning (after contacting so many landlords).

Since I was getting up early today to head to my first day of work, I decided to skip changing and have a good night sleep. This would be the first time I'd get to open it since he and I swapped bags. He didn't seem like the type to go through other people's things. I could hope it to be true.

But what I found inside my black bag was shocking. Different pieces of exposing lingerie. Something that I know I didn't put in there myself. But before I could pick up my laptop (which was buried safely beneath my clothes) and process my shock, my phone started to ring obnoxiously loud.