chapter nine

Situated at the core of the residence, Keira took a place within a designated circle, one that she had created via her own blood

The act of drawing the circle utilizing her blood was seemingly the final stage in the procedures required for completion of the ritual, and, for that reason, she was quite focused on its successful execution.

The significance of this final segment was not lost upon Keira, and she was eager to complete the process, despite being apprehensive about the long-term ramifications and potential unforeseen consequences that might ensue.

Having committed herself to the task at hand, Keira was adamant that she would not renege on her resolve, regardless of the potential consequences or hesitancies that arose along the way.

Her determination was unwavering, and she was steadfast in her intention to proceed, regardless of the repercussions, since she had made up her mind to see the process through.

The possibility of death loomed over Keira, as she knew that any deviation from the established rituals would result in her demise.

The stakes were quite critical, and this fact further reinforced the decision to not falter in the proceedings, as it was evident that there was no reversing the decision.

Her life was at stake, and if she deviated, there would be no second chance, which instilled an additional sense of caution and apprehension, which further elevated the level of seriousness and gravity associated with the circumstances.

With her eyelids closed, Keira conjured the ancestral elders of her pack, with an aim to initiate the process of linking herself.

She summoned them to officiate the ritual and lead the endeavor, as their participation in the ceremony was crucial in ensuring the success of the process.

She was aware that the ceremony would commence following the arrival of the ancestors, and she was keen to allow the actions to unfold, without interfering or interjecting.

Amidst the commencement of the ritual, Keira found herself in a state of subconciousness, where she perceived the environment to be a forest, replete with wildlife and foliage.

She was presented the sight of three wolves, symbols of the pack's ancestors, and they surrounded her in her wolf form.

She was an unwilling participant in the process, and she had little say over the happenings, as the rituals would play out regardless of her desire to alter the course of the events.

"Young wolf, you have summoned us," relayed the white wolf, in its thoughts, seemingly addressing Keira, indicating that she was now connecting with the ancestral elders of her pack.