chapter ten

"Young Wolf, for the gift of protection, and to become the guardians to the family, your lineage will forever be known as a traitor," the white wolf stated solemnly, enunciating the important implications associated with the undertaking

The revelation that her lineage would suffer the consequences of her decision was significant, as it would not only affect her but also her descendants, who would be considered traitors to the pack, for having a connection with the Mikaelsons.

The notion of having betrayed the pack weighed heavy on her thoughts, yet she remained unmoved.

"I understand, but the short time I'd have with the Mikaelson's, they had slowly become family," Keira affirmed, acknowledging their bond and its significance that had developed over the course of their association.

Their closeness and the family-like dynamic they shared was evidently what had motivated her to take the decision to assume the role of guardian for them.

She then gestures to the empty space behind her, which was where her pack would be standing, had they been alive, highlighting the fact that she had no one remaining.

"My pack is gone, all of them, but that doesn't mean, I'm alone," Keira articulated, emphasising her stance that family was not solely based on a biological connection, but also on the emotional bond that is fostered between people.

She then stated the significance of the Mikaelsons in her life, and how they had lent her their support during her time of greatest need.

"Family is not about blood, its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most, and the Mikaelson's did that for me," she claimed.

"Always and Forever?" The brown wolf inquired, drawing notice to the commitment underlying the vow, as it entailed a lifelong tie to the Mikaelsons and the vow the siblings had made.

Keira met its gaze, fully and completely aware of the significance of the vow she was on the verge of undertaking.

"You are tying yourself into the vow, Young Wolf," the brown wolf affirmed, reiterating the scope of the pledge she would have to abide by.

"I know," Keira stated, demonstrating her understanding of the binding nature of the commitment she would be undertaking.

The words were sufficient to convey her acknowledgement of the gravity of the situation and the potential ramifications of the vow, yet she was determined to proceed.

"Brothers," the white wolf called the attention of the other wolves," I give my blessing, do you?" the white wolf stated, soliciting the other wolves' assent to the bonding that was about to take place between Keira and the Mikaelson siblings.