chapter twelve

Niklaus felt a sudden surge of energy within him, a rush that took hold as he gazed into Keira's eyes, her presence exerting a powerful pull upon him

Having both accepted each other, the connection between the pair was further strengthened, and the intensity of the moment was palpable.

Niklaus felt the certainty of their status regarding their bond, and realized that Keira was his, their connection now complete and unwavering.

Their mutual acceptance and the strengthening of their bond brought about a transformation, as the feelings that they had for one another became more powerful.

Niklaus was experiencing a shift within his sentiments and his emotional state, one that was making him more aware of his feelings for Keira.

The intensity was rising, the attachment becoming more powerful, and Niklaus was beginning to realize the significance and magnitude of his growing connection with the young wolf.

Some may deem imprinting to be a cruel phenomenon, but others see it to be a push in the direction of feelings that one feared to admit to, and that was the case for Niklaus.

He had developed a small but growing affection for Keira, but the process had amplified those feelings, intensifying his love and fondness for her to new heights.

The imprinting had acted as a catalyst for the progression of what was developing between the two siblings, bringing the connection to a new stage of depth and meaning.

With the imprinting, the individual who played the role of the imprinter would develop a sense of protectiveness towards the imprintee, but there was more to it and it involved the development of deeper feelings like love.

Despite the seemingly coercive aspect of the phenomenon, Keira appeared to be content with it, as she accepted her role as the imprinter, and it was also something that she welcomed and embraced without restraint.

In the case of Niklaus, Keira's interest in him had been prevalent and notable from the start, as she had always perceived him to be exceptional, someone who commanded her attention and had a certain draw.

Even before imprinting, she had experienced a sense of connection with the Mikaelson, one that compelled her to be near him.

Now with the imprinting and the connection that came with it, she was more open to accepting him, and seeing his past, she could discern the severity of his pain and understand the source of his tragedy.

Now that they had been freed and brought home, the next course of action was to ensure that they were safe and secure.

Before Keira dove into introducing herself as the guardian of the three Originals, she had to ask questions regarding the other siblings, since she was obligated to protect them as well.