Death Of A Rock Star Part 1

Death Of A Rock star  Copyright © 2019 a.j. Lombardi all rights reserved

I was at the very top of my music career.  After years playing out in so many smoke filled lounges for little to nothing in pay, "I had finally made it to the big time, and tonight was going to be the last night of  the tour".  I was looking forward to laying back for a while to enjoy the rewards of my work.   The afternoon before the concert I spent some time walking through the  park near the stadium to take  in the sounds and sights of  springtime. It felt good to be alone for awhile and not have anyone notice me  for  my fame.   Along side an overgrown grouping of bright yellow flowers I saw a young mother with a child who appeared to be about three years old.  The young mother was trying to take a photo of her child standing next to the flowers.   I stood there for a few moments and caught the child laughing as she pointed  her little finger to the tattoos on my left arm.  "I guess it appeared funny to her to see a grown man with what must have looked like a cartoon painted on his arm!  Each time she raised her little finger to point towards me I could hear the sounds of tiny bells she wore as a bracelet.  My time in the park quickly passed and I headed off to the stadium to where the concert was planned.  About seven P.M  I went to my dressing room to relax and wait for the next show to begin.   As I sat alone, I could hear the outside muffled sounds of the stage managers, musicians, sound crew and various directors frantically going about getting everything ready for my performance.