T H I R T Y - F I V E

* three months later

"so you guys don't want to know the gender?" doctor marshall asked as she put the written gender of their baby inside of the envelope.

"no, i wanna gender reveal party for my baby." aaliyah responded with a smile.

"here you go." she said with a smile as she handed the envelope to kentrell.

"gimmie the damn envelope," ben yelled, "y'all might not wanna know the gender but we do." he said referring to himself, baby joe, kd, 3three, and boomer.

"knowing y'all dumb asses, y'all gon slip up and let us know." aaliyah mugged them as her and kentrell stood across from them.

"c'mon liyah, we jus wanna plan y'all baby shower." kd said.

kentrell and aaliyah both looked at each other before they busted out laughing but ceased when they realized how serious they were being.

"you jus being a clown now kd." kentrell smiled.

"y'all so rude, y'all don't think we can do this?" boomer asked his arms crossed.

"no nigga, that's why we laughing." aaliyah replied.

"wow," joe muttered, "i thought we was family."

"you know what, we should jus let em." kentrell said turning to aaliyah.

"fucking fine, but if this shit ends up ruined imma fucking kill all of you." she said as she slammed the envelope on the kitchen counter and walked out the room.

they all immediately scrambled for the envelope with 3three grabbing it first.

"you ice jj fish looking ass nigga, hurry up and open that shit." kd mugged him.

"shut the fuck up." he responded as he flicked kd off.

he opened the envelope and took out the card that would reveal the gender.

"oh shit, it's a —" he was cut off by kentrell who put his hands over his ears.

"shut the fuck up dumbass." kentrell yelled.

"my bad bro." 3three said as he passed the card around, all of them letting out cheers.

"oh shit, dis baby shower gon be fire." joe said with a smile.

the following week as aaliyah and kentrell resided in their room, an envelope was slipped under the door.

"what the fuck." kentrell muttered as he picked it up and when he opened the door, the hallway was empty.

"lemme see it." aaliyah said as she was laying on the bed, her hand over her bump.

he handed her the letter and on the front printed in gold letters was their names.

she opened it and laughed before she started reading it.

"you are invited to aaliyah and kentrell's baby shower." and underneath that was the date, time, and location.

"i told you my bros had that shit handled." kentrell smiled as he took the spot next to her on the bed and set his hand over her bump.

"what do you want it to be?" he asked her.

"it don't really matter to me, i jus wanna healthy baby and i want to be a good mom." she sighed.