Chapter 1 : First Impressions

Just like the past 3 years,  I entered E.T. Corp at ten thirty sharp. Clad in a crisp navy Armani suit, I went directly to my office. But unlike the past 3 years, my efficient assistant, Kate wasn't waiting on me with my daily bust of caffine from Starbucks. Instead of it, a bright yellow coffee flask, and I am using the term "bright" loosely, completely covered with every possible emoticon was resting on my table ,  shocking and quite frankly color-blinding me.

I called up answered her phone and Kate answered on the 2nd ring,

"Yes, Mr. Taylor."

"Kate , would you mind telling me where are you? Or are you on a leave I am not aware of? "

I asked her controlling the anger in my voice. Tardiness is something I never do well with.

Clearing her throat, she answered,

"Mr. Taylor , did you forget that I am on maternity leave from today? Is there a problrem there? If so, I can come to the office in 20 minutes.Though, I have already explained everything to the new temporary assistant. Isn't she there?"

Before she could have a conorary, I replied,

"Ah yes! You are leaving today. It completely slipped my mind. Don't come. Everything is fine. All the best. Goodbye."

Okay. One mystery down. Now about the monstrity resting on my desk...I had to admit, it smelled really good.

At that moment, I felt footsteps rushing towards my office and suddenly they were speaking.

"Oh my god! You are Mr. Taylor. I am so sorry sir....I just went down to get your coffee and a bagel and you are here now....I am late....Oh god! I am late on the first day....oh man! This is so bad... it is you-are-fired bad right?"

Hardly had I saved myself from the frailing hand gestures when I was suddenly staring into deep beautiful eyes.'Yeesh! Beautiful eyes? Something is definitely wrong today.'

I took a deep breath and began,

" I presume you are the new assistant right? Calm down, you aren't in trouble. Though try not to repeat this again. Can I know your name now?"

I decided to let her off for today. It was afterall her first day. On my first day, I had spent majority of my time in the washroom. Not that she should know about it..

"Thanks sir.I am Sarah White and I assure you this won't happen again. Here is  your coffee and bagel. Mine is on your desk as you know coffee is my religion and I trust noone but myself over this holy drink and these first day jitters ar-"

"Miss White!" I interrupted rather shortly.

"Its fine. Pull yourself together and go to your desk. I will email further instructions shortly."

She nodded vigorously and left.

Not even 10 minutes had passed and I was already tired with dealing with her. She was atleast dressed okay..none of that hippy shit as I presume she was . I just knew that my hands were going to be full with her. The rest of the day passed with me observing her quitely. She was different but only time will tell if that was good or bad...