Chapter 3 : The Inquisition

BREAKING NEWS: Ethan Taylor of E.T. Corp is really fucking masochistic.

I have recently learnt this fact about me as I must have a death wish when I decided to ask Emily for help. I should have expected something like this to happen.Though she certainly agreed to help Miss White for tonight, that wasn't assured without warning me of the upcoming questionaire.

My phone rang indicating the fact that Emily was up and I was about to go down,

"Hey lil sis, all set?" I tried to go casual.

"Brother mine, none of your tricks is going to work on me.Before you ask, allow me to tell you that your date will be perfect tonight and you are definitely going to be a hot mess when you see her. Now Sir, What's up  with you and Sarah? And why didn't I have met her before? She is sooo awesome . I totally love her and I am so upset that you didn't tell me about her before! I mean you both look perfect together! When are we going on a double date huh? Answer me NOW!!"

"Woah girl, are you done?" I decided to let her finish off her tirade first. With Emily, less is always more.

"Firstly, Miss White and I are not together. Who put that insane idea into your mind? And Secondly,Why would I tell you about her? She is just my assistant. That too temporary until Kate is back. Also, it is not a date.It's a business dinner, got it?"

"But you are taking her with you.And you asked for my help. You never did that with Kate."

I sighed heavily and started,

"To tell you the truth, lil sis, even I don't know why I asked her to come along.Maybe I am just giving her an opportunity to grow.You never know."

"Brother mine, I so know. You are the one who is clueless. But this time, I will let you go.  Have fun tonight and thank me later! Bye."

I ran my fingers through my head trying to gather my thoughts after this chat with Emily. I know what was Emily trying to do there.I mean I am not stupid.I know she wanted me to talk to her about my feelings for Miss White,my non-existent feeling for that matter.
She is crazy that way. Yeah, my eyes follow Miss White around and I have read her file more than once but it does not mean I am head over heels for her. I don't even like her that way! I am just an observant employer.
Yeesh! Emily always gets to me.

At 7.00, dressed prim and proper, I was standing in front of Miss White's apartment waiting for her to open the door. Funny thing is that I had to talk my myself out of bringing her flowers. Also, I am sweating bullets right now. I perfectly know that this is not a date but I just can't control myself and HOLY SHIT!!!

" Miss White, you look..." I am looking for the perfect words when she starts off...

"Weird right? I know. I told Emily that I cannot pull off this little black dress jazz but does she ever listen. Plus these monster heels will definitely kill my pride and probably yours too since I am going with you.Oh God! I am going with you and like always you look spectacular and I am a drenched cat, no I am a drenched black cat.."

"Amazing" I interrupt her rambling once again.Thank you Emily!

"Huh?"

"I said you look..." Amazing "fine."

She bows her head down and in a small voice says,"Okay, I guess."

"Shall we?" I ask her and she nods.

The walk to the parking is frankly quite uncomfortable with long awkward silence until Miss White breaks it with a rather impressive whistle.

I smirk , " I see you like the car huh? It's an Aston Martin Vanquish. sleek black perfection."

I tattle off like a proud parent that I am. This baby is mine and awesome!

"It's beautiful sir. Now lets go. I wanna see it from inside!"

I proudly walk over and open the door as Ms. White steps inside.