Chapter 6 - The First Date

It had been about two weeks since, 'The Big Coming Out,' (as the students liked to call it), and all was going well.

The school was getting used to the couple roaming the halls in unison, and they would get some, 'awwws!,' thrown at them time to time.

The Daily Prophet had already released their lastest big update, 'Harry Potter's Secret Lover,' and had a picture of the two holding hands on the front cover, probably taken by a student.

Harry didn't care, it was relief that Rita Skeeter hadn't written the paper, but Draco was another story.

"OMG THEY GOT MY BAD SIDE! HARRY DO U SEE THIS! I LOOK SO BAD! FUCK!"

Everyone just laughed while Draco pouted, getting a warm hug from Harry.

But Harry had something else to worry about, he wanted to take Draco out on their first date!

He had Pansy distract Draco, she said something about sneaking into the kitchens, therefore Hermione could come to his room to help him plan everything out.

Harry wanted everything to be perfect, it was their first date after all. The two of them eventually decided on a sunset picnic dinner by the Great Lake.

He was great friends with all the house elves, thanks to Dobby, so he knew it would be easy to obtain the food.

He planned to have the date the next day, a Saturday, and had Hermione help pre-plan his outfit.

He had decided upon a black suit, with a white button-up shirt, and a green tie, which complimented his eyes.

The next day, Harry woke up extra early to prepare the date. He wanted to get Draco a small gift aswell, so he headed to Hogsmeade.

McGonagall had allowed all 8th years to go to Hogsmeade when they pleased, since they were adults, as long as a teacher knew they were going, so he made sure to stop by the Headmistress's office before heading out.

Meanwhile, Draco woke up at 11am, he always slept in on the weekends. He started to worry when he didn't feel a presence beside him, as he would usually have to wake up Harry.

He instantly calmed down when he caught sight of a letter on his bedside table, addressed to him. It read:

Dear Draco,

I've planned a special surprise for you so meet me at the large willow tree by the Great Lake at 6:30, dress nice.
-HP

He smiled and rolled out of bed, preparing himself for the day ahead.

--------------------------------------------

Harry was stressing. It was already 2:30, and he hadn't found the perfect gift. Nothing seemed right.

He walked in a circle around all the shops once again, when he noticed a small trinket shop, wedged between two larger shops. It was easy to miss, so it made sense for him to have missed it the first time he walked around.

He opened the door, hearing the little bell go off, and was greeted by a kind old lady, who instantly gave him a hug.

"My, my, my, well isn't it Harry Potter! In my shop! I could have never guessed! What are you looking for?"

"Just a gift for my...partner,"

Harry chose not to say, 'boyfriend,' as he wasn't sure if she saw the Prophet.

"Oh Draco right? He's a fine young man!"

Harry blushed, and began to search the store. He looked through the shelves filled with glass ornaments and bookmarks.