Luke (Part 3)

It had been a few months into school, February now. I had made it through Christmas break. Still hated it, still have no friends. Well, that's somewhat a lie. I had one friend, who came over, met Shane and Ryland then we "hung out" for a couple hours and he never talked to me again.

Somebody yelled a cuss word at me as I left school to get into Ryland's car.

"Thinks he's something because his parents have money." Somebody else said, which probably wasn't good as I climbed into the G.

"Hey dad." I said quickly buckling, "You can drive now." He gave me a questioning look.

"Breathe for a second bub." Ryland said. "You wanna hear news?"

"Yeah." I got my water bottle out of my bag and drank a little.

"Kendra and Josh found an apartment, they're moving out in a couple days, they just signed papers."

"Really!" I said excitedly, it's not that I wanted her to move out, but she wanted to move out and I'm not exactly here for the idea of a baby like crying all the time. "Can we go see it? What are you doing with their room?"

Ryland laughed, "We're gonna make their room just a room still for them in case they need help and wanna stay the night one night. I'll take you to see it tomorrow when they go pick up keys and stuff."

"I'm so happy there's no school tomorrow." Our school was closed because it was the end of our term so teachers had a day to finish grading.

"How are your grades gonna be?" He asked me, giving a look only he can do.

"I mean, same probably. I think I got my math grade up a letter grade though." I wasn't doing the best in school, and I hadn't been all year. I've never been really school smart then having the entire class against you can make it hard to focus sometimes.

"Well, Shane is with Ken and Josh tonight helping them get furniture and stuff, but maybe we can go get ice cream or something to celebrate. Or even dinner if you're feeling super fancy."

"Really?" I asked, my favorite ice cream place was kind of out of the way of everything so we never really went.

"When we get home you can change real quick and we'll go."

"Where are we going to dinner?" I asked when we got home.

"We can order pizza when we get home and have a movie night, let's just get ice cream right now."

I ran upstairs and traded my school shorts for jean shorts, and put in a white shirt that I got when we went to Mexico last, it just had the flag on it and said Mexico. I put on my black and white checkered Vans, and brushed through my hair a little bit, it was curly and generally hard to keep up with.

"Luke can you feed the dogs!" Ryland yelled as I came downstairs. "I just need to put these clothes in the laundry then we can go whenever." He said, quieter once he saw I was in his line of vision.

I feed the dogs, petting them as they jumped on me.
"Hey, Uno." I laughed, as I poured his food in the bowl.

"Ready, Lukie."

I wrinkled my nose, "Don't call me that."

"Ready?" We got into the car, and I connected my phone to the Bluetooth.

I turned on some old Eminem, rapping along to Rap Bottom, skipping the cuss words so I didn't get in trouble.

"You get 1 more song then I want to play something." Ryland interrupted as Rap God started.

"You sound like Kendra." I laughed.

"Well she's my daughter." He responded, "She learned everything from me and dad."