Kendra (Part 7)

I have to have the baby today.

I'm tired all the time and my body hurts, I can't due this any more.

My due date was yesterday, so she literally could come at any second.

I made Josh go on a walk with me, because walking around helps induce labor.

I double checked that I had everything in my hospital bag.

My family had helped me a lot, they made sure the nursery got set up and they had been bringing me food and just keeping up with me.

I made it through the day without anything, and right when I sat down on the couch and got comfortable, my stomach felt really weird, and my leg was wet.

"Uhh, hey Josh?" I called out to him in the kitchen. "I think my water broke."

"Seriously?" He came running in, and looked at me. He cursed under his breath and ran to grab the hospital bag. "Here." He picked me up and carried me to the car.

I called my dad on the way, my whole body hurt but I was trying not to panic because I didn't want anyone else to panic.

"Hey, dad. So we're going to the hospital."

"Is the baby coming?" I nodded, as Josh slammed on the brakes approaching a red light he was about to run.

"Yeah." He hung up quickly, saying that they would all be there soon.

When we got to the hospital I was quickly checked in and put in a room. I texted my dad saying what room we were in and they came in there soon after.

I got a chance to eat dinner as nurses came in to check on me to see when I was ready.

My contractions slowly got worse and worse and I almost couldn't breathe as they were happening. Everyone tried to hold my hand, and Ryland tried to force me to relax by massaging my shoulders.

"You're gonna be okay." Ryland kissed the top of my head.

The next time a nurse came they said I was ready to go back and push.

They told me that I only pushed for 10 minutes but it felt like way longer. I didn't get an epidural so I was crying and screaming as I tried to push. After a final push I heard everyone talking and they said that I was good and I could talk. They had Josh cut the babies cord, and placed the baby on my chest quickly.

"Congratulations, it's a girl."

I was still crying as I held her trying to calm down. I looked down at her. She didn't look like much right now, between me being tired and her being covered in blood and crying as well.

"Hi sweet girl." I pushed her close to my chest.

"Are you ready for us to take her to give her a bath?" The nurse asked, and I nodded kissing her head lightly before they took her.

"You did it, babe." Josh kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand.

I drank some water and snacked lightly on chips when they brought her back into me, as well as the papers for her birth certificate.

I left the papers on a table and held my girl for a little bit. 

Dad took a picture of me holding her. 

I looked at her more closely than I had before. She had a full head of hair, a shade in between mine and Josh's. She was asleep right now but her eyes were a dark gray not similar to either of ours. She was so little.

Eventually I gave her to my parents to hold while I ate dinner.

After I ate I took her back, and I fell asleep with her asleep on my chest.