Luke (Part 6)

As of today I was unenrolled from my old school and enrolled online. I spent the majority of the day catching up on school work on the couch. Until
Shane came home.

"Hey get dressed." He said, pulling my blanket off me.

"Why?"

"We're doing a thing with Dad, Morgan and Garrett." He answered, "Were getting Kendra some baby stuff then going to drop it off."

I went upstairs to change into a pair of black sweats and a hoodie, then I just slid on a pair of Vans. Everyone met us there soon enough and we were off to Target.

I sat in the back with Garrett, he's always my favorite to talk to, he's like my best friend. Which now that I think about it is kinda sad.

We arrived at the Target and we split off into groups, Ryland and Morgan went to look at clothes, while Shane, Garrett, and I went to look for room stuff.

We knew it was a girl. So we found some pink blankets, a small one for the baby and a matching one for Kendra.

"Luke why don't you go find a stuffed animal for that baby."

I wandered over the baby stuff and was determined to find the perfect stuffed animal for the baby. It had to be the softest one, and it had to be little enough for it to have now but big enough for her to be able to have when she's older.

I dug through the bins, and I found a little white owl with gray markings on it. It was soft, so I decided that's what I should get for her.

I went back to find Shane, and they had the cart filled with blankets, small pillows, diapers, a little hamper, and some books. I added my stuffed animal to the pile and we wandered to another part of the store to look for stuff.

"What about this?" Garrett held up a little baby carrier and it was like a wrap around one.

"Yeah, that looks important." Shane decided.

As much as Shane and Ryland we're trying, they had never had an actual baby and had no idea what it really needed.

Garrett also added a little diaper bag. In this situation Garrett was probably the most experienced because his sister had kids.

We picked up some more random, cute stuff that looked needed. We found Ryland and Morgan, and they had a cartful of clothes of all different sizes. There were hats and little plain onesies and small dresses.

"This is so tiny." Garrett picked up one of the little dresses and held it up. "I couldn't even fit this on my arm." He laughed.

"I think we should get something for Kendra." I said, looking over everything we had gotten for the baby.

"Go pick some stuff out." Ryland suggested.

So I wandered off alone again. I went to the candy section to get her some of her favorite candys, Hershey's Milk Chocolate and Swedish Fish. After that, I got her some make up wipes and a couple face mask. I also went to get her some snacks too. I got her some Cliff Bars and a bag of cheese balls. I also got a bin to put everything for her in.

I placed all the stuff in the bin on top of the cart when I met everyone back in line.

"That's nice." Ryland commented looking at it. He hugged me from the side. "You're the best."

Shane pulled out his credit card to pay for all of it and I don't even wanna know how much it was.

But after we checked out and got everything in the car, we were heading the Kendras apartment to set everything up to make sure she was ready for the baby.

We went through a Starbucks drive through and everyone got a drink. Then we went to the apartment and spent the rest of the night at Kendra's house setting up the baby's room.