{Chapter 23: Mr. Right}

"I promise."

That was my answer to Yu-cheol's request. She smiled through the tears and excused herself out. I hope she'll be okay... No, I know she'll be okay. Yu-cheol will find someone just for her. I glance at the screen of my phone. 5:00. I better get going.

"Ms. Chae! You startled me!" Opening the door, her face is the first thing I see. She looks at me from top to bottom. Before she could even open her mouth, I blurt out. "I'm not going on a date!" But that just makes her smirk.

"Ooh. Okay, okay. Don't get too defensive. Geez." She puts her hand under her chin and smiles dreamily. Wiggling her eyebrows at me, she says. "Now that I notice it, Soobin was looking pretty dressed up earlier. Could that be a coincidence?"

"We're just going out for dinner." I say, truthfully, as I slide past her and out of the door. "And I don't want to be late, so bye!"

"Have fun!" She shouts, quickly adding, "But not too much!"

I roll my eyes at her and I laugh. Ever since the scene that I caused in her room while I was drunk, Ms. Chae and I became a lot closer. She always insists that I call her Chae, but in my mind, I just got used to adding Ms. in the beginning. The elevator dings to a stop as I reach the ground floor. Through the glass, I see the bus stop on the other side of the street. Perfect timing.

He and I agreed to commute, since neither of us knew how to drive a van and we didn't want to bother the driver. I set foot inside the bus and I scan the crowd. There he is.

Even though he's wearing a face mask and a weird hat, I immediately recognize his eyes, which are now crescent-shaped as he sees me. The sleeve of his black button-up shirt gathers at his elbow as he lifts his arm to wave. Black has always been his color.

"Hey." He greets with a muffled voice. Then he laughs at me. "This feels too familiar. I'm getting déjà vu."

"Stop it." I said, taking the seat beside him. I whisper. "That's supposed to be my line."

The bus engines rev to a start and silence envelopes the two of us. It isn't the awkward type though. It's kind of nice. We were minding each other's business, not talking until we get to the restaurant. The bus passes through a bump on the road, and the hand that used to be on his knee, moved to mine.

As cheesy as it seems, I blush at the sight. I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato. Damn, Soobin! It's been three years! Yet you never fail to make me feel butterflies. I stare at the window, refusing to let him see my face. I freeze on the spot, when I feel him move closer to my cheek. 

He whispers. "This is our first date together."

"Together?" Out of impulse, I turn to him. Wrong move. Our faces were only inches away, but I held my gaze, trying my best not to look flustered.

"Well, technically, you didn't break up with me when you left." Soobin leans back on his seat. I can see the smirk behind that face mask. His eyes light up as he sighs. "You even told me you love me."

I turn away to save myself from embarrassment. Gosh, this is awkward. I hear him laugh once more. I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss that sound. My gaze lands on my hand and I stare at it for a few seconds. Soobin's still laughing, and he doesn't realize that he's still holding my knee.

I smile to myself. This is going to be a great date.

Meanwhile...

Yu-cheol returns to the dorm. The staffs are too busy to even notice her stumbling across the living room. They all keep their focus on editing the lyric video for Blue Orangeade. She throws her coat and her bag on the sofa and heads to the hallway.

With a water bottle in hand, she plans to knock on a door. It opens when she barely made contact with the wooden surface. She grins. "Beomgyu!"

"Yu-cheol?" He raises a suspicious brow. "What the— are you drunk?"

"A little." She slurs, giggling as she sways. "Why are you up? You're sick! You should be asleep!"

Yu-cheol enters the dimly lit room without his permission, and Beomgyu was about to stop her, but he figures she won't listen to him anyway. She slumps back, making a small thud on his bed. He stares at her, letting her invade for few moment, as he leans back on the doorframe. His eyes widen with alarm when he hears her sob.

"What's wrong?" Beomgyu nears to his bed, kneeling on the floor so their faces are levelled.

"I did it." She lifts up her head, and Beomgyu sees her tear-stained cheeks. She holds her fist up in the air. "I gave him up!"

Beomgyu forces back a smile. About time. He places his face on the bed, so their faces are only centimeters apart. He could feel her breath on his nose. "What made you do that?"

"She and Soobin are perfect for each other!" Yu-cheol giggles, making more tears flow out of her eyes. She looks at the ceiling with distaste. "Both so freaking dense."

She sniffles, staring back at Beomgyu's brown eyes for a few seconds. Her eyes begin to feel heavy, barely keeping them half-open. "Do you think he's out there? My Mr. Right? Do you think someone will love me at all?"

"Of course. Your Mr. Right could be waiting for you somewhere in the world." Beomgyu answers. He waits for her voice, but all he ever hears is her light snore. He brushes the short strands of hair on the side of her face and he can't help but smile.

He plants a small kiss on her forehead. "He could be right here."