{Chapter 28: Awkward Situation}

"AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, YOUNG LADY?"

As soon as the operator fixes the headlights, which is about as early as five in the morning, I tell Soobin to start up the engine and to step on the gas. I was so caught up in the moment about everything that I totally forgot about Ms. Chae... and Mom. Ohhh, no. She'll be so furious when she finds out about this!

We reach the base of the hotel I'm staying at, and even from a few blocks away, I can already see Ms. Chae's figure waiting to grill me. She's dressed in silk pajamas, a white shirt, and a light pink robe, with her hair tied up in a quick bun. She does not look very fashionable at the moment, but I can't blame her.

"Can't we talk about it inside?" Soobin asks, eyeing the unwanted attention we've gathered from the public.

"No time! And you, young man!" She points at Soobin, while she places her other hand on her hip. "You knew very well that you have a shoot for Cat & Dog, and yet you still went on with your crazy plan!"

"Um, Ms. Chae," I butt in, motioning towards her outfit. "Your clothes—"

"No! I don't care about my clothes— OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! YOUR CLOTHES!" Ms. Chae gasps, pulling me towards her. She protectively steps in front of me and raises her brow at Soobin. "Did you do something to her?"

"No. Don't worry, Ms. Chae," Soobin grins innocently. "I promise I took care of her really well last night."

I am mentally slamming my head onto the wall.

When he phrases it like that, he makes it sound like something happened—which is not entirely true, because something did almost happen, but it doesn't count! Ms. Chae gasps and turns to me. Oh no. Get ready for it. I prepare myself for the buttload of life lessons she's about to sure.

"You two, in the van, right now." She commands, and none of us are brave enough to disobey her. We do what we're told right away, as she rants behind us. "The shoot was supposed to start minutes ago. Gosh, you two are giving me a headache— and I'm not even your manager!"

Ms. Chae sits on the passenger seat, while Soobin and I sit on the back. I throw him a glare for saying something so... suggestive, but he just laughs. It dies down completely, leaving us in an awkward situation once more. We really didn't have the chance to talk about yesterday. There's just so many things going on my mind that I want to ask him.

"Hey." Soobin nudges.

"Huh? What?"

"We're here." He motions out the car window, where the huge building stands tall. Oh. I've been so immersed in my thoughts that I haven't realized we're already here.

Ms. Chae doesn't waste a second. Sometimes she's so carefree and childlike that I forget she owns a freaking company. Once we reach the place for the Cat & Dog shoot, she commands me to set the outfits and do last-minute alterations on the boys.

"Oh, yeah." Beomgyu speaks up, as I fold up his sleeve. "Soobin didn't come home last night after your date."

My whole body tenses up as the whole room looks at me. From the corner of my eye, I see Yu-cheol look at me for a second, before her expression falls and continues back to doing Hueningkai's makeup. And he must've noticed, otherwise he wouldn't ask.

He displays a smug smile. "Were you with Soobinie all night?"

I stammer, looking for an answer, but I didn't have the chance to talk. The door to the dressing opens, revealing Soobin in a white polo and blue button-up long sleeves. He pauses, a bit shocked to find everyone staring at him. "Were you talking about me?"

Not long after, a staff emerges from the same door. He taps on his earpiece as if he just received a message. "Everyone proceed to the set please."

They start to leave out one by one, Yu-cheol is last to go and I'm about to follow her if only Soobin didn't pull me back. Yu-cheol glances back at me and leaves, immediately catching the message that Soobin wants to talk to me alone.

"About last night..." He sighs, still not letting go of my hand.

"I don't think this is the right time to talk about it." I grab my hand back. "They're waiting for you outside, Soobin."

"They can wait. I really want to ask you something." His eyes display eagerness and sincerity, and that makes me a bit jittery.

"Fine, then. But I'll go first. Let's play One Question."

"What happened to the other ten?"

"We'll get to that later." I wave off his question. Then I take deep breathe to steady my heart. "I just wanted to know your opinion. Did you— Was last night a d-date... to you?"

The corners of his mouth lift up in satisfaction.  My heart skips a beat from his answer. "Yes."

"My turn." He grins. "At the beach, under the stars, did you..."

"Did I what?"

"Did you want me to kiss you?"

My eyes widen. Out of all the questions in the world, I did not expect him to ask that. I don't know the answer, yes? Maybe? I really don't know what I should tell him.

"That's alright." He chuckles. "You don't have to answer me right away."

Relief makes its way back into my chest, but a bit of nervousness still lingers, especially when he calls my name in a dead serious tone. "I know you're leaving again, and there's one last thing I want to ask from you."

"S-Sure. I mean, if I can do it, then why not?"

"Tomorrow. Meet me at the bus station. Let's run away for a day." A hopeful smile lights up his face. "I dare you to be my girlfriend for 24 hours."

"Soobin, we've been through this—"

"Please." He holds both of my hands. "And I promise you, if you don't feel anything at the end of the day, I'll stop."

"But," he continues. "You have to promise, if you felt something... you'll tell me."

I'm speechless. What is he planning? I try to read his eyes, scheming out a polite way to say no, but he just looks so happy and I don't really want to crush his hope.

I squeeze his hands. "Dare accepted."