Kanya Puja

The sun rays fell on my eyes making me open my eyes.

"Rajkumari, wake up. It's time for your bath." Prerna tried a lot to wake me up.

"Just five more minutes, Preru." I said as I laid on my bed again.

"Prerna, she isn't awake yet?" I heard my mother's chief maid, Sudha asking Prerna.

Prerna sat beside me.

"Bhanu, wake up. You will have to get ready for Kanya puja. Or else Kaki will shout on me." Preru tried to explain to me.

This girl won't let me sleep even for a minute.

I sat on the bed.

"Ok I am awake now. Happy?" I said with annoyance.

"Yes, very happy" Prerna exclaimed as she gestured Sudha to go.

"It's your last day here, Bhanu" Prerna tried to be a bit emotional.

"Not again" I sighed to which Prerna pulled me into a hug.

It's my svayamvar tomorrow. And I don't know what will happen to me tomorrow.
I just hope I get a groom like I have always wished for.

Prerna has been my maid and hand-maiden since childhood.

We both has been friends since childhood and were inseparable.

I can't even imagine a day without her.
I don't know what will happen to me after marriage.

"Is your hugging moment completed yet? Bhanu you need to get ready." I heard my mother said.

Here comes the The Queen Chandramudra of Kalinga.

I smiled and walked to her and hugged her.

"Good morning, Maa" I wished her.

"Good morning to you too, Putri. Now don't waste anytime and go and take your bath" She told me as she broke the hug.

I nodded and went to take the bath with Prerna.

The dasis started giving me bath as Prerna instructed them.

It was a pleasant and mind-calming bath.

I felt so good while taking the bath.

My mind was refreshed, I felt like I am in heaven.

I wore a plain yellow coloured saree, tied my hair into a juda, and wore some plain jewelleries.

"Haaye Rajkumari, You look as pretty as an apsara could ever look." Prerna complimented me.

"It's nothing, Preru. I haven't even dressed 1% of what I will do tomorrow. All the kings and princes will faint after seeing my beauty." I joked with her.

"Yeah yeah, tease me even for giving compliment" She said in anger.

We both walked to the temple. Maa and Pitashree were waiting for me there with a few relatives and maids.

I went inside the temple and did Pooja with everyone.

"Now, Rajkumari, you will welcome the 9 kanyas and then, do their pooja." Panditji instructed me.

"Ji" I nodded and then walked to the 9 Kanyas.

This pooja has been done in Kaling since years.
The to be bride does Kanya Pooja with 9 Kanyas and treat them like 9 roops of Maa Durga and ask for what kind of groom one wants.

I walked towards the Kanyas, they were girls varying from age 4 to 12.

I walked to them and stood before them.

Prerna was ready with the huge bowl filled with water to wash their feet.

I sat down in front of the first one.

"What's your name?" I asked as I put her feet inside the bowl and washed them.

I then applied tilak on her head and she sat on the aasan.

I, then, did the same with other 8 girls.

Then I walked to the first girl. I served her a plate filled with many dishes.

There were fruits, sweets, kheer, and some other food items.

The first girl giggled on seeing so many dishes. I smiled at her and proceeded to the other girls.

After that, I stood at the corner as they started eating.

"Now, Bhanu, after they have finished eating, you will go and tell them what kind of a groom you want." Maa instructed me.

I nodded and walked to Prerna.

"These girls are so cute." I told her.

She nodded in agreement.

"Even I want a daughter." I told her my wish.

"I understand. But Rajkumari, most of the princes and kings want sons because only they could become their heirs." Prerna explained to me.

"I wish my husband won't be like that.." I prayed silently.

Soon, the girls had completed eating and I walked to myself.

"Everyone told me that if I tell you all what kind of groom I want, then my wish will be fulfilled. So here's my wish. I want my husband to be warrior, almost undefeatable, the one who would respect me and my thoughts and the one who will only love me and no one else." I spoke up my mind boldly.

The girls were all smiling and giggling when the youngest of them said "Tathastu" making all of them laugh.

I smiled and then walked out of the temple, towards my room.

To Be Continued

Author's Note-

Hey Guys, this story is about Bhanumati and Mahabharata from her point of view .

This part is totally fictional and is just an imagination of my mind.

This story won't be updated regularly as my main focus is on Amrit's story and His!

Hope you will like this story and support it as you all have supported my previous stories.