Chapter One ~ Reunited

LAX, August 1986
"Okay guys you gotta promise me you'll be cool to Poppy? I know you haven't seen her in like two years but please..be cool" Steven spoke to all the guys he was met with rolled eyes and 'Yes Dad's by the rest of the band. Slash thought to himself that they all hadn't seen Poppy since she was just a nerdy 15-year-old. Why was Steven so worried about the guys not being nice?

From the crowd came a tall, leggy beautiful girl. She had long bleach blonde hair (like Steven), and an incredible figure. The guys caught sight of the girl and murmured. "Hey Duff check out the hottie" Izzy signalled to the girl and the guys were awestruck. "Dude what the hell? I said be cool, that's my sister" Steven snarked at the staring band members. "Holy fuck.. that's Poppy? I mean nerdy, stay at home on Friday's Poppy?" Duff was in shock, how the hell did she get so beautiful?

'Shit, that's why Popcorn wanted us to be cool' Slash thought to himself as he watched Poppy run up to Steven and bear hug him. He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy watching her run, and by the looks of it neither did the guys.

"Guys, this is Poppy! I know we've all met before but that was ages ago." Steven signalled to the boys, Poppy stood there with a huge grin planted on her face. She went about hugging each member individually which caught each of them off guard, not that they were complaining...

"Hey guys!! it's been so long!" She spoke but was just met with gaping mouths and astounded faces, she looked at Steven in confusion. "Dude's stop" he was clearly frustrated and could see what the guys were doing.

"Hey Pop, so how long you staying with us for?" Axl broke up the awkward silence grabbing Poppy's hand and heading for the LAX exit. "Well, as long as you'll have me unfortunately. Did Steven not tell you?" She nodded to Axl but he shook his head. "Oh yeah, the reason she's staying. Mom kicked her out so she'll be staying with us for a while" Steven looked at the guys expecting annoyed looks but he was met with grins and pleased faces. "That's cool with us" Duff put his arm around Poppy and she embraced him. This pissed Slash off but more importantly why did it? He didn't like Poppy? Hell she was seventeen! He had a girlfriend? But why was he jealous at Duff innocently putting his arm around her?

When they arrived at the car she noticed that it was only a five seater. "Looks like you'll have to sit on my lap babe" Axl emerged behind her wrapping his arms round her waist, Poppy just laughed at his silliness. "In your dreams Rose" She shrugged him off and sided with Slash "I'm on Slash, at least I know he won't try anything!" Poppy grabbed Slash's hand which gave Slash butterflies. A thing which he hadn't experienced since the 8th grade.

"That's cool with me man" Slash didn't know how to act around her especially when she was holding his hand, he felt his palm begin to moisten. He quickly pulled away and opened the car door, all the band piled in and Poppy placed herself on Slash's lap. He suddenly felt quite peaceful with her in his lap, she took his arms and wrapped them round her small waist. Was this flirting? Did she know what she was doing to him? Slash thoughts flooded his mind and he couldn't focus on any conversation?

"You okay Slasher?" her voice was soft and sweet and caught Slash off guard, prying him form his thoughts. "Yeah i'm good" he smiled a halfhearted smile at Poppy and she reciprocated it right back. The car ride was about an hour from the airport to the bands apartment, Poppy had nuzzled her head on Slash's chest and fallen asleep. He sat there and admired her features, he unknowingly brushed a piece of her blonde hair over her ear earning a teasing from Axl "Looks like Slash's in loveeeee" he whispered being careful not to wake Poppy up. "Man shut the fuck up Axl" Slash snapped back "Feisty" Axl shrugged. They pulled up to the house after another 40 minutes. Slash didn't want to wake Poppy, she looked so beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! please vote and comment if you liked this and let me know if you want me to continue!