Chapter 5: Prologue

No one's POV

It was a sunny day in the city of Paris. Four friends were going to go to a local café. Of the four, there was a half Parisian half Chinese fashion designer, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She was at her house with her mom and dad, Tom Dupain and Sabine Cheng. She would be going with her friends, Adrien Agreste, Alya Césaire, and Nino Lahiffe.

All of them are all good people, and they all have good hearts. But the world is a cruel place.

And bad things happen to good people.
But no of them, not a single one, expected something so terrible to happen to someone so loving and kind.

But what they didn't know, made it much more unfair.

Not only is she caring and sweet, but she is the famed Parisian superhero, Ladybug.

Marinette didn't deserve what happened to her, but not once did she think of herself. She only thought of her friends. She didn't want want them to see the accident. She didn't want Chat to worry.

And most importantly, she didn't want Adrien to cry for her.

All she wanted was for them to be happy. With or without her.

Even after she closed her eyes, she could still hear everything. Alya crying out her name. Nino not accepting what was happening. And Adrien, very quietly talking while crying. Like he were praying. She could only hear parts of what he said.

       "Why her. Please, let this be a bad dream. If I lose her, I..." She couldn't hear the rest. It was lost to the sound of the paramedics putting her into the ambulance. She wouldn't let herself lose to this accident. She couldn't. Paris needs her. Her friends need her. Her partner needs her.

       But what she didn't know was most of all, Adrien needs her.