Chapter 8: Back From the Dead

No one's POV

"A-Adrien? Wh-What happened? Why where you c-crying?"

        Adrien looked up and gasped. "Marinette? Marinette!" Adrien, as gently as possible, pulled her into a tight hug and started to cry into her shoulder. Alya looked up from Nino's arms. When she saw Marinette, she nearly pushed Nino over to run to her. He followed shortly after. They were all hugging her tightly and crying.

"Alya, Adrien, Nino, I need to breathe." Marinette tried to say through the choking hugs of her friends.

       "Sorry." Alya and Nino said in unison while backing away a bit, but Adrien didn't let go. He loosened his grip, but didn't let go. Marinette didn't mind though. She slowly wrapped her arms around him and ran her fingers through his hair.

"It's ok, I'm right here."

"I... I thought I lost you. I was so scared. I-I..." Whatever he was going to say was lost to the sound of his crying.

"Look at me." She said while lifting his head up a bit so he had to look into her eyes. "You will never lose me. I'll always be right here." She gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead. "I promise."

       "I know m'lady."

       "Ch-Chat?"

       "Yep, it's me princess."

       "And you're not disappointed that I'm ladybug?"

       "Why would I ever be disappointed. You, both as Marinette and Ladybug, have been the best thing to ever happen to me." He took her hands in his. "I could never be disappointed in you."

Five months later...
Adrien's POV

It's been five months sense the accident. Marinette and I have been together for five months. It feels longer. With her, every day is a gift, and not a day goes by that I don't tell her how much I love her. Her life is in my hands, and never again will I let it slip through my fingers.

~~~~𝓣𝓗𝓔~~~𝓔𝓝𝓓~~~~