Diecinueve

Diecinueve

Carlisle POV

The deep sadness that I have felt has caused me to stay in my office for the entire time that my love has ignored me. There is nothing worth living for if she isn't in my life. I thought the entire time that I was in my room that she hated me with a burning passion. That I had lost the love of my life, and thinking that has been hell for me.

With my supernatural hearing, I could hear that the kids had asked their mother for her forgiveness, and she had given them her forgiveness. I felt happy at the moment, that she will always love our children.

The one fear that I had was that she would forgive them, but she would never forgive me. I realize now that what everyone said about soulmates was true, I can't live without her. When other people tell me about them eating their soulmates, I'm not seeing them only for a couple of days, killed them inside. I didn't think it was that intense until I actually felt life without her. It was as if the skies were darker, the sun didn't shine as much, and I found no happiness anything that I did.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming up towards my door and when I took in a breath of air I found out that my mate is coming to me. I didn't know how and I don't know why, I just wanted her to see me, and forgive me for everything that I've done. The second I smelled her scent, trying to clean up my office, cleaning myself up. I wanted her to look at me and feel proud, and possibly be pushed to forgive me.

"Hey Carlisle, can I come in?" questioned Lily across the door. I had finally cleaned everything up. I dusted imaginary dust off of me, and I walked as calmly as I could to see her. Once I opened the door, I was rushed with emotions of love, awe, and lust.

It had been days since I had seen Lily, only with my imagination could I see her. My imagination did no justice to the beauty that she holds.

"Come in," I replied back to Lily.

"How have you been"Questioned Lily. I think the kids had already told her that I have been staying in my office this entire time. She must have been asking me, to start off a conversation.

"I've been sitting in my office, working," I replied back to Lily. She looked upset that I had been sitting in my office this entire time, showing that with the kids I told her it was true. Suddenly, I got this burst of confidence out of nowhere, and I wanted her to forgive me more than anything now.

"Actually, no it has been hell for me. The day you decided to start ignoring us, was the day I felt my heart broke into 1 million pieces. The world wasn't the same without you in it, without you loving me. That was why I spent all my time in my office, trying to ignore the feeling in my heart whenever I think of you, which is every day. Now, please since you're forgiven the kids already, please forgive me," I spoke once again. I don't know if she was shocked by this, I didn't know if this will cause her not to forgive me. But I needed to tell her how I felt during the time that she was gone, but she decided to distance herself from me. Once I finish speaking, I put my head down in shame, the shame of being so weak in front of her, but she was the love of my life. I will show her everything, every part of me so that she could love me or hate me.

"Carlisle, look at me," spoke Lily. She came up to me and tilted my head upwards towards her. Once I looked into her eyes, I was a goner. I had missed the feeling of her lips for so long, the look in her eyes when she looks at me with love. I decided to throw caution to the wind, and I pushed myself forward and kissed her.

The second that I kissed her, was the second it felt as though the world was finally spinning. That everything was right in the world, and she was the center of it. We kissed for a bit longer, and I pulled away from her, and fear that she didn't want to kiss me at the moment.

"Carlisle, I love you, and I forgive you," spoke Lily. Now, the feeling in my chest was back, I could feel the warmth of her against me, and I love the feeling. I never want to let it go again. I cut her face in my hands, I leaned forward, and I kissed her once again.

She kissed me back, and I lifted her up by her thighs. Then, I ran at vampire speed, towards my bedroom, and I shut the door.

What happened next, was the feeling of love being shown between two souls.