26.

After awhile, I made him some warm porridge before leaving his house.

I texted Aunt Ru saying that I'm already on my way home. As I was walking, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh gosh I am so so sorry" I said, picking up my phone. Luckily, it didn't crack, just a little scratch.

"I am so so sorry" he said. Hey, that voice sounded familiar.

I raised my head only to meet Sehun. 

"Il Min - ah?" he said, his frowning face from the bump formed into a smile.

"Sehun" I said, also surprised to meet him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, asking the same question as his at the same time. 

"I was supposed to ask you that" I said, chuckling to myself. He just gave a little smirk.

"Its been awhile, hasn't it? We randomly texted each other lately too" he said, a nervous expression showing on his face.

"Yeah, I-I've been busy lately" I said. "Oh, it's okay" he said. "Anyways, you're okay now, right?" he asked. "Yeah, yeah of course I am" I said.

We both stood there silent for a few moments until he started to speak. "You're free this evening?" he asked. "I'm.. I don't think I am" I said, feeling guilty as I tell him.

"Oh its okay, what about tomorrow?" he asked. "I'll look into it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be free for tomorrow" I said. "That's great. Well, then I'll text you later" he said, starting to wave at me.

"Yeah sure sure" I said, waving back at him and continued walking towards home. 

~ back at home//

I swung the door open and walked inside the huge house. Il Han was sitting on the couch, looking miserable.

"Il Han, what's going on?" I asked. He was covering his face with his hands and I could hear his muffled sobs.

"Il Han, tell me!" I said, getting nervous and worried. "Mom.." he said through sobs. I quickly lets go of him, feeling scared of what I'm about to know.

"W-What's wrong with her?" I asked. "She's gone.." he said, his low sobs turning into a loud cry. Tears quickly dwelled in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. This can't be happening.

"What do you mean she's gone?" I asked, my heart crumbling, about to fall apart. 

He didn't reply, and my head starting to be controlled by the upset feeling stored in my heart. I held him by the shoulder, harsh.

"Get a grip of yourself and tell me that all this is just a lie!" I yelled. He didn't reply nor fight back, as if he's letting go of everything. He's giving up.

"Il Han - ah!!" I yelled his name again. "It's all your fault!" he suddenly said to my face, making my grip on his shoulder loosened.

"We should've stayed with her! But we were too selfish.." he said, continuing to cry. "She's gone already, we can't change that. Everything we do next won't bring her back to life" he added.

"No.." I said. "She can't just.. Die" I added, cupping my face now too. "I didn't get the chance to say that I was sorry.." I added again.

Both of us were in a crying mess. No, there's no way she left us. She wouldn't leave me like this, I won't allow it anymore. I stood up and ran outside. I ran as fast as I can.

"Il Min!" Il Han yelled from inside but I ignored it. I ignored everything. I ran and ran towards the hospital.

When I reached it, I went to her ward as fast as I could and slammed the door open. Her bed was empty, cleared. There was a nurse, still cleaning her bed.

"Where's my Mom?" I asked, my voice sounding so frustrated. "Do you mean Mrs. Hye In?" she asked. "Yes, where is she?" I asked.

She didn't reply at first and her eyes were laid on the floor. "I am sorry" she spoke. "What do you mean you're sorry?" I asked. "I am sorry Miss. She's gone." she said.

"NO!" I yelled. "Show me to her! She's not dead! I haven't said everything yet!" I yelled, running up to her, messing up the bed again. "Where is she?! Where is she?!" I yelled, going mad.

"Miss! Please stop!" she said, coming up to me, holding my hand from messing the bed again.

I ignored her too and continued going mad. My mind wasn't straight anymore.

"I'll show you!" she suddenly said, still holding my hand. I quickly stopped what I was doing and turned to her. "Then show me, now" I said.

~ at a room//

"Why are we here?" I said, still not believing whatever they told me. She didn't say anything and pulled out a case where.. I believe its where they kept my Mom's dead body.

There, I saw it. She's there, her face ever so pale, her body cold, her heart.. Stopped.

I got up to her slowly, taking out my hand to touch her even when it feels wrong. Just for the last time, let me touch your skin gently.

I caressed her skin, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Why did you leave me again?" I said in a low voice. "I haven't said everything" I said. "Why do you make me like this? H-How can you start everything and end it.. Like this?!" I yelled.

Of course, no response. What did I expect from a dead person? My heart's pain was unbearable. I hit my chest a couple of times, showing how desperate, frustrated I was for everything that ever happened.

"How can you leave me like this?" I said through sobs. "I didn't get the chance to say that I am sorry Mom!" I yelled. "I didn't get to tell you how much I love you! How much I cherished you! Even when you don't love me like I do!" I said, covering my face with my hands again.

No one knows how much I hate myself at that moment. How much I wished I had killed myself, I had died, disappear from her life, forever. But she did that first, she left me first making me feel incomplete.

I heard footsteps from behind, also sobbing. That person held my shoulder. "Il Min - ah" the person said. I turned around and saw Aunt Ru.

"Aunt" I said, looking at her from below. How small must I look. Like a lost child. "I lost her Aunt Ru" I said, tears rolled down my cheeks again as I spoke.

"I lost my Mom"