14. This is Totally Studying.

Hermione groaned as she paced her best friends dorm. "I don't understand why though Ron." She looks at her best friends. "I don't want to do this."

     "She just makes me angry." He answered, throwing a stuffed quaffle towards the top curtain on his bed. "Walking around in those expensive silver robes like she owns the place."

     "I think you're exaggerating." Harry scratches a line out of Transfiguration study guide. "I think she just....," He sways as he tries to collect his thoughts. "asserts dominance." peering up at his friends to see their reaction.

     "Pfffftttt."

     "Ron." Hermione insisted as she turned to continue pacing. "Look I got her to come over for a study group tonight." Hermione sits down on Harry's bed; he quickly reaches for his ink pot before it falls. "I invited Luna and Ginny, Lavender and Parvati will be there so if anything happens then there will be witnesses."

     "Do you really think she's a death eater?" Harry asked as Hermione leaned against him.

     "No."

     "Yes." Both turn to look at Ron who drops the quaffle on his face. "She was there when the skull thingy was in the sky." He rolls over so he can look at his friends. "I just don't trust her."

     "Really Ron?" Hermione stretches. "You make friends better than Harry and I."

     "hey-" Harry starts but the look Hermione gives him shuts him up.

     "Harry we're both socially awkward."

Ron nods in agreement. "Sorry mate." Harry glares at him. "Look something about her just bothers me. It's like she's hiding something, something huge!"

     "But there's no dark mark on her arm."

Ron snorts. "yeah, but she has been hanging out with Draco."

      "Nothing good ever comes out of messing with him," Harry adds as he tries to balance his ink pot on his leg. "He made the Potter Stinks buttons."

     "But Charlie is a good person." Hermione insists, trying to persuade the boys out of this idea. "Plus she hasn't done anything to set people off."

Ron sits up on his bed to get their attention. "Hermione she stays in the Slytherin dorm-"

     "But she's not a Slytherin."

     "Even if she was it doesn't explain why she was there," Harry adds; he hands the packet to Hermione. "What's the answer to number 28?"

    "where?"

Hermione quickly peers up at Ron, narrowing her brown eyes at him. "At the Quidditch World Cup Ron." She shakes her head and hands back the packet. "Put C."

    "oh." Ron purses his lips before thinking out loud. "Well, she is childhood friends of Victor Krum."

Harry stops writing and leans forward to stare at Hermione. "Is he a death eater?"

    "No!" She jumps off the bed and Harry grabs his inkpot "of course not."

Harry looks at his black fingers with a groan. "Calm down Hermione. it was just a thought." He grabs his ink towel trying to clean the black residue off his tan skin.

Hermione sits back down, closer to Harry's headboard this time. "he isn't I assure you."

     "Okay okay."

There was silence for a few minutes; Harry handed Hermione his paper to review. When Ron popped the question, "Why do you even like her?" both of his friends looked at him. "She's mean."