16: Tea With...Some Old Friends.

Severus Snape groaned as the hoards of children moved past him into the dining hall. The loud screaming and laughter were near to much for him to manage that day, halfway through the day; a headache already he was positive he was going to give his last three classes hell. However he appreciated that he would be able to escape the terrors of children for at least an hour, he had a tea date. After nearly 17 years of on-off contact with Jasmine, Severus was thrilled that she had returned to Hogwarts. Every Wednesday the two would meet in his room to talk like they had done as children.

Severus could remember sneaking into the Ravenclaw dorm with Lily to hang out in Jasmine's room. The Ravenclaws got rid of the spells leading up to the dorms every year, and every year Flitwick would put it back. Severus was positive there was some way for the boys to get inside the girl's dorm in his own house but he had yet to figure it out. Though good times were appreciated they were very painful, Severus shook the thought as he unlocked the grand doors to the teacher's chambers.

    "Severus!" the painting of Lillian Salazar waved as he passed to his door. "How is your day today?" 
      "I am well Lady." he had found that if you give her anything else to grab onto in a conversation she wouldn't let go. "Red."

The door to his room open and he escaped Lillian's talkative nature. "Could they not find a less annoying portrait?" He sighed unbuttoning his robe to hang on the rack when he heard the laughter from his sitting room.

    "Dear god stop." jasmines voice was easy to identify but the snickering that followed was no. Severus hung his robe walking down the short hallway into his home.

    "jasmine who else is here?" The ebony haired girl looked up at him as he entered the room.

    "Hello, Prof-" Jasmine swatted Charlotte's legs as she sprawled across his couch. "I mean Severus."    
         "Jasmine you didn't tell me Charlotte would be joining us."   

          "I didn't think you'd mind." She shrugged. "Besides she was telling me the most interesting things about your class."

Severus raised both eyebrows then shifted his attention to the girl. "Was she now?"

    "Yes, including that cute girl."

    "Jaz don't look to much into it! We're just friends." Charlotte insisted taking a sip of her tea, 

face flush with embarrassment.

          "That's what they all say baby girl." Jasmine picked up her own cup of tea. "I made my self at home Sev. tea's on the stove and pastries are in the oven."         
           "The hell did you get pastries?"            
          "Jasmine makes the best brownies!" Charlotte beamed, she lifted her foot to poke her godmother's side. 

     "Probably because they're full of weed," Severus stated, Charlotte gasped turning to Jasmine who narrowed her eyes at him.

        "What was that?"         
          "Nothing Jasmine." Severus propped his foot on his knee pointing to the teenager in his house. "Why are you here anyway Evans?"         
           "I said she could come."  She raised her cup a bit.  "Plus I would never pass up black-honey tea."

Severus raised his eyebrow at the younger girl as he sipped his cup. He looked at Jasmine in a silent conversation; Lily had liked black-honey tea like a drug.

           "Severus was the one that taught me how to make it."
        "Really?" The tan girl looked at him wide shocked eyes.

            "She wasn't capable of cooking noodles." Severus snorted as he watched Jasmine grit her teeth.