Chapter 7: First win

Y/N'S POV

Okay ladies and gentleman, the 2v2 tournament is about to start! Can all contestants head over to the courts they have been assigned to on the paper they received. The winner of each court will automatically move up to round two while the losing teams will continue to play to see who can move up.

"Looks like we are on this court." Liam said while examining the courts.

"Yeah, it's perfect since Twice's seats are right there so they can easily see us play." I reply

"Yeah, I'm sure you will play better when they are watching." He smirks.

"Yeah nah, just shut up and let's win this game."

I see the opposing team come up to us, immediately offering us a handshake to which we gladly accepted.

"Good luck, hope to have a good game with you guys." The tall guy said.

"Yeah, you too." Liam says back.

"Okay, so this is a game to 21, 2 pointers count as 1 point while 3 pointers count as 2. Apart from that, it's normal basketball rules. Good luck to both teams!" The ref says before tossing the ball up.

I immediately jump up and tip the ball over to Liam. I can hear all of Twice cheering loudly which makes me a bit nervous that they are watching. Better not embarrass myself in front of them.

I see Liam's defender in a good stance focusing on the ball. Suddenly he reaches in with a quick jab, however Liam had a fast reaction in which he quickly put the ball between his legs, freezing the defender and driving straight to the basket for an open layup. Twice cheers loudly.

"Good move there buddy." I say as I give Liam and quick high five.

"Looks like your not going to be the only one playing better with Twice cheering." He replied making me laugh.

As the game went on, our lead grew larger and larger. Although the opposing teams were taller than both of us, they were also much slower which made it easy for us to drive past them, but since they were taller they got a few good blocks on us.

NAYEON'S POV

"Y/N looks so attractive when he's doing something he's really passionate about." Chaeyoung suddenly says. I join the others in teasing Chaeyoung making her go really red, but I really agree with Chaeyoung, Y/N does look really attractive playing basketball.

"Would you date him Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon asks, clearly trying to make Chaeyoung's already red cheeks turn brighter.

"Uh..Uhhh yeah...I guess, but I don't think he likes me in that way yet. We literally met him today." Chaeyoung replies while her face turns into a tomato causing the other members to laugh, however I notice Tzuyu immediately look at me.

"But guys, don't you reckon Y/N and Nayeon unnie would look really cute together? Like Y/N and Chaeyoung is cute because of the height difference but I reckon Y/N and Nayeon unnie would be cute as well since they have so much in common!" Tzuyu suddenly adds. I immediately look at her and smile, but I couldn't stop myself from blushing as I felt my cheeks grow warm.

"I also notice Y/N talks to Nayeon more so than us!! Sana said while pouting a bit.

"Yeah I agree, Y/N and you would make a cute couple unnie!" Chaeyoung said.

"Well, I don't know if our fans will like that.."

"Come on Nayeon! Y/N can easily be mistaken for a Kpop idol! I'm sure our fans would fall in love with him at first sight! Plus they're not fans if they don't respect what makes us happy and accept the fact that we fall in love too!" Mina added.