Chapter 10: Aftermath

Y/N'S POV

"I'm so sorry Liam, I shouldn't of reacted. It's all my fault...now we missed out on the prize."

We were all currently walking back to Twice's apartment after getting kicked out due to our little 'scuffle'.

"Seriously, it's okay bro. I would of done the same to be honest, but they were lucky since I was in too much pain to react." Liam assured me while patting my back. "Those guys deserved it anyway. Who the hell thinks they can play dirty, then shit talk our friends and get away with it."

I responded with a small smile and a nod.

I could tell the Twice members were still shocked from the fight since this is the quietest I've seen them all day. Should I say something? It feels weird that no one has spoken apart from Liam.

We were just walking in silence for a good 5 minutes before Liam broke it.

"Alright I turn left here, I have to go back to my friends to complete the project. You guys can come over to mine in about a week after the project is finished. So I'll see you guys then." We watched Liam head towards the opposite path and we lost him when he walked behind the tall wooden fences.

As we continued walking towards our apartment, Nayeon suddenly intertwined our hands and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Y/N...I really appreciate that you stood up for us, especially when he was bad mouthing me. I should of been the one to blame for this." She said, however her tone weakened towards the end. "If I never over reacted and went on the court, the fight would of never happened." At this point Nayeon had her head hung low, which genuinely made me feel sad.

"Hey, hey! Nayeon it definitely wasn't your fault! I'm thankful for you actually coming onto the courts with Tzuyu and trying to stop our opponents from playing dirty. I punched them because I care about you guys and I will never let anyone say anything thing like that to any of you. So in my opinion, it was worth it." I sent a gentle squeeze on the hand to Nayeon and a warm smile to the other members who seem to also be smiling widely.

"We may only have known each other for a little bit, but I will never let anyone bad mouth you guys."

"Seriously thank you. I'm so glad you will be staying with us this week." Nayeon replied while resting her head on my shoulder, which of course made me feel fuzzy inside.

I still couldn't believe that I became friends with Twice, and I'm staying with them...for a week but still. How many guys would wish to be me right now.

"I'm the one that should be glad. Seriously you guys are so fun to be around, and it feels like we have known each other for so long already. So thank you for allowing me to stay with you guys." I said as I gave the members a sincere smile.

"This calls for a celebration! Come on let's have a games night! We haven't had one of those in so long, plus it would be better with Y/N!" Jihyo suggested, which the other members instantly agreed to. And just like that, Twice were able to make me forget about the basketball game and make me feel a lot happier.

~~~

"Ya Chou Tzuyu! That's cheating! I saw you look at my cards!" Chaeyoung complained while the maknae of Twice continued to win yet another round of the card game, making all of us burst into laughter at how serious Chaeyoung was taking this.

"Okay okay, that's enough for tonight. Let's do something else. No one is going to beat Tzuyu." Jihyo suggested.

"Wanna watch a movie then?" I suggested in which everyone instantly agreed to.