Part 16

Changkyun was huddled on himself on his bed. His whole body looked like a fragile little thing, the fact that he was hiding himself under the blankets made the view pathetic.
The black-haired boy couldn't stop but repeat to himself that he did the right thing, that he needed to be honest with Minhyuk before truly hurting him. He kept telling himself that he needed to do that for M too, he didn't want to be a douchebag by starting two kinds of relationship.
But a voice was telling him that he was wrong, that he had made Minhyuk suffer with his selfishness. That he made the blond boy falling in love with him before breaking his heart.
Changkyun hated this voice, because he was slowly realizing that it was right.
The boy began to cry, again. But he immediately felt a hand carefully stroking his hair. And then he heard a calm voice.

« Changkyun, please stop crying. It breaks my heart to see you like this. » Jooheon whispered while he lied down next to the boy. He hugged Changkyun and talked again.
« Tell me what's going on. Maybe it will help you feeling better. »
« I'm fine. »

Jooheon rolled his eyes, and hugged Changkyun a little tighter. He took a deep breath and addressed a few word to the boy with a severe tone.

« Don't lie to me. I don't like that. If you really don't want to talk about it, tell me. But don't say you're fine when I can literally feel your tears on my arms. »

Changkyun stayed quiet for a few seconds.
The presence of Jooheon next to him made him feel better. He felt safe because he knew that the tall boy would never judge him. That he would never hurt him or whatever. He was a strong shoulder to cry on. And maybe that was the reason Changkyun finally talked.

« Where's Hoseok? »
« In his room. Do you want me to call him? » Jooheon said with attention.
« No. Can you close the door please? »

The tall boy just nodded and did what was asked. Then he came back to Changkyun.
The black-haired boy immediately came to cuddle his friend, wanting to find safety in his arms and then he started to talk.
He told Jooheon about his feeling for Hoseok, about the first messages he received from M, his relationship with this unknown person. Changkyun talked about his feelings for M and then his feelings for Minhyuk.
And finally he told what had happened tonight, the way he said Minhyuk that he loved someone else, and the no response from M.

« I understand now. You are feeling guilty for the way you've rejected Minhyuk. But you don't have to, you've made something wonderful. You said the truth for preserving his feelings and M's. Sure you loved Minhyuk, and it must had been hard to choose. But you did it. »
« I'm feeling awful now. »
« I know. But I'm proud of you. You stayed loyal to your personality. You are an amazing human being, and I'm glad for having you as my friend. »
« Minhyuk hates me now. »
« No, I'm sure he doesn't. He is hurt, but let him a few days, he will understand. »

Changkyun was not sure about that but he didn't contradict his friend. On the contrary he let his eyes shut, suddenly feeling better. Talking with Jooheon helped him and he was feeling lucky to have such a friend.
Finally the black-haired boy fell asleep under Jooheon's hugs and kisses.
The tall boy was feeling sleepy and was ready to sleep too.
But he suddenly felt his phone vibrated on the bed. He grumbled but caught it before opening the new message.

 He grumbled but caught it before opening the new message