chapter 6

Be a voice, not an echo~ my brother

I awake with Monika still hooked on my arm. I shake her to wake her up. She awoke quickly and got up. Apparently when I was asleep she changed into nothing but underwear. She got up and teased me by getting up and streaching. In snap my fingers and she started giggling. Dat ass tho, I'm sorry but she looked perfict. I stood up and gave her a hug. I forgot that I wassnt suppose to be out of my cell at night. Of god dang it, umm Monika help me. I grab the notepad.

Y/N:[you know I'm not suppose to be out of my cell at night]

Monika: well I'm sorry but I just wanted to spend a night with you

Y/N:[it's fine]

Intercom: could wraith, ela, Kapkan and smoke report to the briefing room.

Ok well dang. I wave Monika by and leave the room. I get to my cell and change into my uniform. I enter the room and almost instantly fell asleep. Man our briefing in the white mask is like 'kill, don't die' here they go into every little detail. We finish the briefing and get to the helicopter. Before we took off a bunch of other operators came to say bye. Mute went to ela, frost went to kapkan, and Monika came to me. I guess ela is with mute now, I don't know. The helicopter took off and everyone gave me a blank stare. Kapkan was about to hit me but smoke and ela held the Russian down. I sat with ela to my right. I fell to sleep using my jacket as a pillow.

The helicopter landed and I jumped out first. Me and smoke put on our gas mask as Kapkan and ela grabbed there guns and gadgets. We enter the building and get to the VIP. I set a gas grenade next to them and they screamed. I was joking so I picked it back up and moved away. Gunshots rang out through the building as I heard ela scream. Not this again. I toss a gas at the enemy's and set it off. I get to ela and drag her to the room with the VIP. I remove her jacket so I could see the wound. They got her good. I get her to slow her breathing and calm down. She didn't think that she would be ok but I've done this before. Smoke ran in at that time and threw a white mask across the room. Two shots into smokes head rang out in the halls. I shot down his killer and got back to ela. I'm sorry but your jacket is going to have to be used to stop the blood loss. I got the wound to stop bleeding but something that scared me was a sniper shot hitting her in the back. God damn it. I grab her dog tags and get smokes too. A white. Ask ran in the room and shot the VIP right before getting a mag dumped into his chest. Kapkan ran in and got me up. We exit the building and get the the extraction zone. The helicopter landed and we got the hell out of there. Frost, Monika and mute where in the helicopter. I sit next to mute and hold my hand out tell him I have something for him. He held his hand out and I dropped ela's dog tags into his hands.

Mark: she's not dead.

Maxim: sorry friend but she's gone.

He looked like he was about to cry but he held strong. Monika sat in my lap and gave me a kiss. The rest of the flight was quiet.

When we landed all the operators when there. I walk up to Harry and give him smokes dog tags. I went to my cell. I wish I could have done something but I couldn't. I fell to sleep after a while.