Prologue

It started with a damned game or was it that it ended with that damned game?

- Serena

A group of teenage friends watched with anticipation as the spinning bottle slowed down and came to a stop, it's cap pointing at Dawn.

"Truth or Dare?" Miette sang, her eyes twinkling with wicked amusement as she leaned in her boyfriend's side. Calem smiled softly in her direction before turning to watch Dawn as she made her choice.

"Truth." Dawn's soft smile contradicted the promise of retaliation in her eyes.

"What is the most embarrassing thing you have done in your life?" Miette asked without a moments thought.

Dawn's eyes widened in horror before they narrowed. Muttering about secrets and promises of retribution, a red-faced Dawn answered. "I might have, at some point, been responsible for getting May caught while she was giving Drew his 'birthday gift'."

"That was you." May's accusation was heard over the loud laughter that filled the air. Serena giggled as she remembered that tale vividly.

May had her face in her hands as Drew tried to ignore the laughter and mutter something in his girlfriend's ears.

"What? It was an honest mistake." A very mortified Dawn answered back with a red face and the laughter picked up again.

Serena, feeling light-headed, took a sip of her punch again. A giggle escaped her lips and she didn't see the glint in Miette's eyes as she spun the bottle.

The bottle came to a stop, this time the victim was Serena herself. "Dare." She declared before the question could be asked. She giggled while watching Shauna think over her dare.

Serena watched as Shauna's eyes lit up in wicked amusement. "I know, I know," Shauna said and turned to whisper something in May's ear, who giggled.

Serena was certain she heard something along the lines of 'you naughty minx' but she wasn't sure.

"This, my dear Serena, is a once in a lifetime opportunity." Shauna declared in sotto as if she was giving her a free ticket to Kanto where her boyfriend Ash was. She giggled as she remembered one of their midnight conversations.

"Spill it out already," Dawn shouted impatiently from her side. She seemed eager to get on with it. Her face was red and she avoided looking anywhere near May and Drew.

"So, we all know that you might have had a crush on someone and even if you are in a relationship with the guy, you must have wanted to kiss someone." Shauna giggled as the group laughed, knowing where it was headed.

"Why don't you do it now? There must be a guy you have wanted to kiss for a while now but didn't get a chance to, you know, because of your relationship and all."

Serena didn't see Miette typing something on her phone. Nor did she see her whisper in Calem's ear who smiled and nodded before Miette left the room.

"Your dare is to kiss the boy you have always wanted to." Serena, red-faced and smiling shyly, knew she should have never told her about that.

After a few weak denials from her part, Serena glanced in Calem's direction. "Oh, it's Calem, isn't it?" Dawn picked up on her glances and declared loudly. It brought the entire groups attention on the boy who looked decidedly uncomfortable with the sudden attention.

"Come on, do it," Shauna shouted and the group picked up chanting her name in encouragement.

Gulping, she gathered her courage and moved towards the boy. Blushing she leaned forward and...