Chp 1 Or Are We Ashes And Wine?

Serena Yvonne

Have you ever thought of seeing a monster and find yourself looking back at you? That was the only thought running through her mind as she stared at her red eyes in the mirror.

It had been a few weeks since she made the horrible mistake of kissing Calem. She had tried her best to contact Ash.

She had tired herself trying to call him. She had tried texts messages as well as emails. But every single attempt was ignored by the boy.

She remembered the disappointed face of her mother when she learned about her mistake. Dear, try to sort this out as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder will it be. Her mother advised but she could see the disappointment in her eyes. And it made her stomach churn with pain.

I am a very horrible person. She thought while trying to sort her messy bed hair. She winced in pain as one of the stubborn knots got stuck in her hairbrush.

Why won't you answer my calls, Ash? It was a question she kept asking herself every time one of her many attempts failed.

It was a small misunderstanding. She kept repeating the same thing over and over in her head. Once I explain, I am sure Ash will understand and everything will go back to the way it was. She sighed, finally able to sort her hair.

It was not as if Ash was the only complication in her life. Miette had politely asked her to not talk with her as well.

She was not going to lie to herself and say that she was fine and that she understood. Because it hurt. It hurt a lot, loosing both her boyfriend and her best friend because she couldn't control herself.

Unlike Ash, Miette gave her a chance to explain herself and that made her feel even more horrible. Miette listened to everything she said. And she told her everything from her small crush on Calem to the dizziness she felt before she kissed him.

After a few moments of silence that felt like an eternity to her, Miette smiled sadly and her words broke her heart. You know, I was aware that you knew I had a crush on Ash from the moment I saw him. Did I ever try to get between the two of you because of that?

From the moment he asked you out, I did everything I possibly could to support you guys even if it broke my heart to see you happy. I did everything from helping Ash plan your dates to telling him about your likes and dislikes.

I helped him arrange surprise parties for you to help him pick your favourite treats. I did my best even when I didn't want to just because it made you and Ash happy.

And what do I get in return? What does Ash get in return for everything he did to make you happy? Absolutely nothing.

All we got was you making out with some other boy who just happened to be my boyfriend. She had tried to protest but Miette just held up her hand and the words died in her mouth.

Don't get me wrong Serena. I know that you are going to make excuses for your mistakes like you always do. You are going to say that it was just a dare. And I agree. Miette's eyes flashed in rage.

It was just a dare. It was a dare to kiss the boy you had a crush on. You could have kissed his cheek, you could have even kissed his bloody hand. But no, you just had to kiss his lips, didn't you?

And even that wasn't enough for Queenie Serena Yvonne. She recoiled when she remembered the venom in Miette's voice. You started making out with my boyfriend in front of everyone.

There is a bloody difference between a kiss and making out Serena. Is this what you are going to tell Ash? That it was a dare? What would have done if you had to see Ash making out me and then tell you that it was just a dare?