Chapter Two

Alex got out of her car and flinched when arms wrapped around her from behind. "Shouldn't you be out saving the world?" She asks softly, leaning back against Kara.

"The world seems to be saving itself today." Kara said.

Humming, Alex spins in Kara's arms and wraps her arms around her neck. "It does doesn't it?"

Kara smiled.

The brown eyed girl smiles back. "Are you coming over?" She asks softly.

Kara nodded. "Yes."

Alex leans in to kiss her, only for Kara's phone to go off once again.

Kara groaned quietly.

Sighing softly, Alex steps back. "You should answer that."

Kara shook her head. "It can wait."

Shaking her head, Alex sighs softly. "Answer it."

"No. It can wait." Kara said.

As soon as the phone stops ringing it starts right back up.

"Just answer it, I'm going to go inside and take a shower." Alex mumbles, walking off.

Kara didn't understand why Alex was so mad.

Sighing, she pulls her phone out and sees James on the screen. 

Kara groaned. "Hey," she says upon answering.

"Hi, Kara." James said.

"What's up?" She asks, trying to keep her frustration from her voice.

"How's it going with Alex?" James asked.

Sighing, Kara runs a hand through her hair. "It would be better if people didn't call our phones every time we are alone."

"Oh. Sorry," James said.

"No, it's fine. Can I help you with something?" Kara asks, frowning when she sees Maggie heading up to the apartment building.

"Um, I was just wondering if I could get an interview with Supergirl." James said.

Sighing, Kara runs a hand through her hair. "Can it wait?"

"Yeah. I didn't mean right now." James responded.

"I have to go." Kara responds, hanging up and using her speed to get into Alex's apartment just as there is a knock on the door.

Quickly, she changes her clothes and puts on her glasses. Using her powers to make sure Alex is still in the shower.

Taking a deep breath, she moves over to the front door and opens it. "Can I help you?"

"Kara. Hi." Maggie said in surprise.

Forcing a smile, Kara leans against the wall. "Hi, can I help you?"

"Is Alex home?" Maggie asked.

"No." Kara responds, even though she was lying, she could hear the shower turn off. "I'll let her know you stopped by when she gets home."

"Oh." Maggie looked disappointed.

Nodding her head, Kara shuts the door before moving toward Alex's room.

Alex was drying herself with a towel in the bathroom.

Grinning, Kara makes her way into the bathroom and grabs the towel. "I was hoping you wouldn't be done yet."

"What?" Alex said.

Shifting, Kara places a kiss against Alex's still slightly wet shoulder. "I was going to join you."