Chapter Four

"Rest," Alex says softly as they lay on the bed in her apartment, she'd taken Lena home for a few hours.

Lena just stared at Alex.

"Please baby, just lay down and relax." The redhead says softly, rubbing Lena's side.

"I'm scared." Lena whispered the words so quietly that Alex almost didn't hear them. The green eyed girl looked away in shame.

Shifting, Alex cups her cheek and turns Lena's head to look into her eyes. "I know you are, so am I."

Lena couldn't bring herself to look at Alex.

"Hey, don't pull away." the redhead begs softly.

Lena didn't respond as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Alex wipes the tear away and leans in, kissing Lena.

Another tear rolled down Lena's cheek. She didn't kiss Alex back.

Pulling away, Alex leans their foreheads together. "I'm already losing Kara, I can't lose you too."

Lena didn't understand what Alex meant. She furrowed her brows as yet another tear rolled down her cheek.

Shifting, Alex crashes their lips together, needing some sense of control.

The breath left Lena's lungs.

The older girl moves over Lena and deepens the kiss.

Lena pulled out of the kiss and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry for crying." She whispered, resting her head on Alex's shoulder shamefully.

"Don't apologize." Alex breathes out.

Lena let a sob out of her mouth.

Slowly, Alex pulls Lena closer and kisses her forehead. "Get some sleep."

"I'm not tired." Lena whispered, she was shaking.

"You are, you can barely keep your eyes open." Alex responds softly.

Lena fought to keep her eyes open.

"Sleep," Alex says softly, caressing her cheek.

It wasn't long before Lena had drifted off to sleep in Alex's arms.

The redhead just laid there, wide awake and holding Lena. Her only thought on how to save Kara before it was too late.

Lena shifted in Alex's arms.

Alex sighs softly and stares up at the ceiling, she needed to sleep too but she couldn't close her eyes without dreaming of Kara dying.

Lena gripped onto Alex's shirt tightly.

Shifting, the redhead gently rubs the younger girl's back. "I've got you."

Lena whimpered in her sleep.

The older girl just holds Lena close, trying to get her to relax.

Lena suddenly jumped awake, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Hey, it's okay." Alex says softly, sitting up and wiping her eyes.

Lena looked rather confused and scared, breathing heavily through her mouth.

"Talk to me, what's wrong?" Alex asks softly.

Lena burst into tears properly for the first time in her life.

"Shh," Alex says softly, wrapping her arms around Lena.

Lena buried her face in Alex's shoulder.