iii). 12:27AM

Chapter 5

iii). 12:27 Am
------------------------------------
After our star gazing session we piled into the car and drove home. They dropped me off at the school so I could grab my bike. I looked at the time on my watch.

12:27am

I really shouldn't be driving this late. Ah screw it. I jumped on my bike and slowly drove home.

While driving I saw a large truck driving incredibly close to me. A stop sign came up and I slowly started snowing down, but they just speed up.

I felt my bike jolt from under me and got slammed into hard metal. The impact sent me flying through the air and I landed a few feet away from my bike.

Pain

That's all I can feel.

The hard sound of tires sounded as it got further and further away from me. I opened my mouth to scream fo help but nothing came out. I tried to roll onto my back but shots of pain sprang inside me.

Well fuck.

My eyes started to get heavy. Is this what dying feels like? Might as well say my thanks now, or at least thing it.

Jesus, or whoever is up there thanks for food, it's pretty great. Also thanks for making dogs and cats and horses and pigs and goats and sheep and-

"OH MY GOD RICHARD COME OUT HERE!" Someone screamed. I tired to peel my eyes open and I saw a middle aged woman holding a young kid with a teenage boy next to her, staring in horror. A man came running a few seconds later.

"What is it honey?" He asked, then his eyes met me. "Oh my God....... Alex go call 911 and tell them we need an  ambulance NOW!" The man yelled.

He knelt down and looked at me.

"Can you hear me? Hello?"

I tried so hard to say something. Uhhgg all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. Mhhh sleep sounds pretty great right now actually.

That was my last though until the darkness consumed me.

--------------------------------------------------

The light started to bleed though my eyes. This is the worst part of morning, waking up.

I opened my eyes but to my surprise, this was not my bed room.

I heard a beeping sound and looked to my right. A fancy machine was hooked to my arm and was monitoring my heart rate.

My memories started to flood back. Now I had a bunch of questions.

Who was the jackass that hit me?

Is my bike okay?

Am I okay?

Who was that family?

What is that snoring next to me?

Wait....... Snoring......

I turned to my left and saw a little couch with the teenager from the family. He was ligtly snoring. I took time to study his face. He had light hair, a sharp jawline, and dimples. He was cute to say the least. He started to stir and he opened his eyes. They were bright blue.

"Hi." He said.

"Hello?" I said as more of a question.

"I'm Alex, your bike crashed in front of my house last night."

"Oh, uh I'm Chloë." I said. "Thanks for helping me."

He shot me a toothy smile. "Any time Chloë." he said as he sat up. "I'm going to go get a Doctor, stay here." he said as he left the room.

-----------------------------

I talked to several Doctors and Police officers telling them what happened. I got checked, no broken bones but a pretty bad concussion. Finally they let me leave after I called my Dad. Alex stayed with me through the whole thing and we got in his car to drive home.

"Hey sometime you should come over and meet my family. I have been updating them on what happened and they are really happy you are okay." He said

"Ya of course. Let me see your phone and I will add my number." I said just as he pulled into my house. I added my number and hopped out of my car.

"When I come over I will have to pick up my broken bike won't I." I said with a smile.

"Yep, just another reason for you to come over." He said. "Bye Chloë."

"Bye Alex." I spoke as I shut his car door.

I walked up to my house and knocked on the door. My dad opened it and immediately pulled me into a hug.

"Oh Chloë baby I was so worried." He said with a shaky voice.

"Dad it's okay, I'm here and I'm okay."

"Ya right." He said more to himself. "Go upstairs and rest honey, you have had a hard day." 

"Ya thanks Dad."

oooppppp

this chapter is pretty fast moving but I can't tell if I'm moving too fast in the story or too slow. Comment on this telling me if you think it is fast or slow and any idea's that you want to happen. XOXO -N