Payphone

Why had I sent that last message...? I didn't know this boy. I didn't know him more than the simple facts, like his name, or that I had waited on him a couple times. My head ached horribly and my contacts were beginning to dry from all the staring that I was doing at the screen of my phone. 

1 New Message from Curly: 'Well... Maybe you do know me.'

No. Maybe I don't. Maybe this was a mistake. I stood nervously just barely catching sight of Harry's blonde friend walking up to the stage before I walked out of the room. I needed some fresh air. Fresh air would clear my head and calm my heart. I was grateful that Harry didn't follow me out.

1 New Message from Curly: 'Holy shit, Niall just kissed Zayn. Are you alright? Where'd you go?'

Why was he just playing this off like it was simple conversation? I rubbed my hands over my face. Why wouldn't the pain stop? I didn't know that kid. I didn't know anything about anyone named Harry or anyone with green eyes like his...

Lou.

I sure as hell didn't know a Lou. Did I? No. I most certainly knew I didn't know a Lou. I was just convincing myself to think I knew this boy. I needed to get away from him. My head ached more than it ever had before. I walked outside of the small karaoke bar and sat myself against the outside wall resting my head in my hands. I tried to desperately rub the pain away. I was just in a nightmare that wasn't willing to end.

1 New Message from Curly: 'Oliver?'

Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Why was he doing this to me...? Correction, he wasn't doing anything to me. My head was. I was beginning to create false thoughts to rationalize the idea that this boy was presenting to me. 

Lou-Lou!

No. No. No. Shut up. I'm just combining thoughts to make sense of this. This isn't anything sensible. This is all nonsense. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to hold back the tears that were beginning to form there. This is all wrong. I gripped at my hair and rested my head against my knees.

"Oliver? Oliver what's wrong?" 

I opened my eyes and caught sight of those all too familiar green eyes staring back and me. Harry was knelt down in front of me. I had made a grave mistake in sending that message to him. I was giving this kid hope that I was someone that I wasn't and fucking up my head all at the same time. 

"Please, just leave me alone..." I mumbled out. My vision blurred from my contacts trying to readjust to the sudden openness. "I'm begging you to just leave me alone..."

"Why don't I just walk you home... Alright? Did I do something wrong...?" he pulled my hands away from my hair and helped me to my feet. My knees were weak beneath me as he wrapped his arm around my waist. 

I wanted to push him away but there was something about his touch that was so familiar, so comforting... "Why do I know you...?" I whispered out softly. 

He leaned into me a little to support my weight. His green eyes were focused on the concrete beneath our shoes. He didn't seem in the slightest bit interested in telling me and I was sure that, for the most part, I didn't want to know either. 

The rest of the walk back to my home was in silence. Most of my focus was on trying to see clearly while he guided my tentative steps. By the time we finally reached my door, I was fully resting in his grasp. My migraine was crippling and I wanted nothing more than to just bury my face in my sheets and never worry about waking up again. Maybe if that happened then I would finally get rid of the boy in my dreams and I would most certainly get rid of the boy who was now leading me inside. A small green note hung on the refridgerator.