Hold My Hand, I'll Hold Your Heart

An officer arrived moments later, but Louis refused to speak. He refused to give them any names and he wouldn't look up from my curls when I finally stepped in to tell the officer where those people were. When I couldn't remember the exact address of the restaurant top home, Liam stepped in and began giving the details. Lou's fingers clung gingerly to the fabric of my jacket and for the majority of the time that the officer tried to talk to him he kept his face buried in my neck. 

"One last set of questions, young man," the officer tried again. "I just need you to tell me a few things about you. What's your full name? Your birthday? Your hometown? The name of the one sister you should know the name of?"

Louis leaned away from my neck and lifted his head, stress was etched into every bit of his face, "Louis William Tomlinson. December 24, 1991. I was born in Doncaster before we moved to Holmes Chapel... My sister..." His eyes drifted frantically from Jay to me. Charlotte had only been a few months old when he was taken... 

"Mum!" a higher pitched voice reached our ears as a blonde came trapsing down the steps. Niall was following close behind her, trying to drag her back up the steps. "Mum, I'm hungry! He ate all of our crisps!" she shouted in an exasperated manner.

"Lottie..." Louis murmered out almost inaudibly. 

Her blue eyes drifted to Louis, and stared for a moment, "You must be Louis..." 

The officer nodded his head after realizing that Louis had answered all of his questions and dismissed himself. He shared a few words with Liam that I couldn't hear before he exitted the home.

"Yeah... I am..." Lou's grip tightened on my jacket before he released me and pushed himself to his feet. 

Lottie shifted about nervously where she stood on the last of the steps, "So you're the brother I've heard so much about?" A small grin played at her lips, it reminded me so much of Lou's.

Niall had released her after Liam directed him to go back up to Zayn and the other girls. 

"Y...Yeah..." he nodded his head swiftly. I could see that his hands were trembling a bit but he was trying to desperately hide it. 

There was a small moment of hesitation before Lottie's shoes padded lightly across the floor. Her thin arms wrapped gingerly around Louis and she rested her head against his chest, "Stop being so fidgity and come play with us!" 

A look of surprise crossed his face before a warm smile tugged at the edges of his lips, "O...Okay."

She released him and grabbed ahold of his hand before beginning to pull him up the steps.

His trembling hand gripped onto mine just before he could be out of my reach. 

I looked at him with a bit of confusion before getting up and letting him pull me along.

As I fell into step with him he leaned over just a little. "Hold my hand..." he whispered out softly with a little grin.

It made me... happy that he wanted me to stay with him. It made me feel needed that he wanted me there with him for all of these new things... Was I selfish in thinking that? I was all that the new Lou knew that was from his childhood. He knew his mum but not recently... I was what he had and he wanted me to stay with him.

The oldest of his four sisters lead us up the stair case and into Liam's media room. Niall was sprawled on his stomach with the twins on his back holding him down and Fizzy was trying her best to get ahold of Zayn's hair while he tried to get the twins off of Niall. It was a cute sight really. Niall was powerless and Zayn's weakness was being desperately attacked. They were at the merciless hands of a few little girls.