TWELFTH CHAPTER

With his hands in his pockets Coco strolled in the same direction as Adelita and Angel did. The boy-scout was walking next to him, but they weren't talking. There was a nagging feeling in his stomach and he didn't know how to get rid off it, writing off the feeling to the fact that they were meeting in town, which was riskier than their usual meet up locations. Adelita was updating them on the progress the rebels had made this week; the success they had in kidnapping Galindo's kid. It made him furious that they had made such a decision without discussing it with them first, discarding their opinions as if they were not real allies.

"Hey Coco."

A voice dragged him out of his thoughts, and to his surprise he found Adelita in front of him. Usually she saved her attention for Angel. Questioning, he raised his eyebrows.

"There's someone who wants to talk to you." Her eyes wandered to EZ. "Alone."

His thoughts shot to Nightingale immediately. It had been a few days since they'd slept together and he had caught himself thinking about her, wondering if it really had been only a one night thing a few times now.

"Where?"

Adelita pointed towards the shadows of a nearby alley. With his eyes Coco motioned the boy-scout to keep moving, then he walked nonchalantly to the place Adelita had mentioned.

"Smells like piss here chica," he noted when he had reached the darkness of the passage. There she was, leaning against the wall. "This your romantic side?"

She lifted the corner of her mouth – it was enough for him to want to kiss her. Piss or not, he pushed her against the wall and kissed her hungrily. His hand slid underneath her shirt and stroked her side, making her tug his lip with her teeth in a silent encouragement for more, his hand slipping underneath her bra, the weight of her breast settling against his palm.

"Never took you for a street whore," he grunted against her lips, longingly rubbing his waist against hers. By now his fingers had found their way to her nipple, tugging slightly as if proving his point.

"Only for you," she moaned in his ear after biting his neck in retaliation.

When his hands went for the button of her pants, she grabbed his wrists. "I'm joking Cruz. No one is gonna be doin' me in the middle of the street."

With a crooked smile he shrugged his shoulders in defeat. He had no shame when it came to sex. "So you being desperate for a good turn ain't the reason for ya bein' here?"

"Nah. Not sure if last time was worth repeating."

"Bullshit chica. I felt you writhing underneath. That was as good for you as it was for me. We got sparks baby, we could even make a worm jealous."

She chuckled. "A worm. Man, you're a life Casanova, eh."

He smirked apologetically and winked. "You get all the special treatment."

She started to laugh, but then her face grew serious. "I need a favor."

Coco raised his eyebrow. He didn't like her tone, he also wasn't too eager to commit anything. "I'm not a big fan of favors."

"Hear me out. I need to get closer to the cartel, but while trying I need a place to live. Can't be in the rebel camp."

"And you prefer my basement?" he mocked.

She leaned back against the wall, shoving her hands into her pockets. "If I have to, but I'd prefer your bed. Or if you don't want too, I'm sure one of your brothers doesn't mind some company."

He wrinkled his nose. Hell no. He didn't plan on sharing her. "For how long? What's your plan anyway?"

"I had somethin' goin' on with Nestor back in the day. Wanna try and start it up again."

"You want to fuck the cartel?" he blurted out.

"Well, not all of 'em. I do have a bit of self respect."

"A bit," he repeated scoffing.

"That guy has a body that ain't the worst one I've seen," she shrugged.

He snorted. He didn't like the idea of her sleeping with that prick, but he didn't want to admit it; not to himself and certainly not to her. "So how long do you need my place?"

"Until I can move in with him. My angry ex forcing me to leave the house might be helpful."

He swallowed a sigh. What the hell was he supposed to do with this? He wasn't looking for some puta to come and live in his house, not even a hot one like her. But somehow, she had effortlessly wrapped him around her finger, she was even making him consider this idea seriously, so yeah – maybe she would be able to make this plan work.

"Fine," he answered with a grunt. "But the moment I start gettin' sick of ya, you're gone."

Her eyes lit up, as if his approval surprised her.

He grabbed her chin and looked her in the eye. "On one condition. You're finally gonna tell me ya fuckin' name."

For a moment a strange emotion crossed her face, but before he could analyze it, it was gone.

"Juanita," she answered quietly, careful as if that name could detonate a bomb. "Juanita Reyes."