The Merge

A/N - I've had a long hiatus from writing due to personal reasons, however I am back and I hope you enjoy this chapter, sorry it's been so long since the last one.

The blood red, run down tent on the outskirts of Mystic Falls stood in rumble, the once chaotic circus now a forgotten memory. Grin never leaving his face, Jerome skipped into the circus grounds, his eye searching for any sign of life. Spotting a makeshift bed and cover, his smile widened as he waltzed over, using the barrel of his shotgun to move the blankets away, coming face to face with a gun barrel pointed between his eyes.

Laughing manically, he watched as one of his followers blinked in shock, hurriedly putting the gun down and smiling at their leader.

"J-Jerome? But...you died."

"I know, I was there. Sheesh I remember you guys being more fun than this. Where is everyone? They waiting to jump out and shout boo?" Glancing around jokingly, Jerome's eyes narrowed in suspicion as the follower gulped nervously, his eyes holding dread.

"Everyone left, sir. After you..died..some ran away, the cops caught some and the vampires you warned us about compelled the rest to leave. There's only me and a small handful left now." Ducking his head, the follower flinched as he spoke, wary about annoying the crazy ginger.

"Hmm, whatever, there's always more..."Trailing off, Jerome looked into the distance thoughtfully before his eyes snapped back to the follower, a manic glint appearing as he smirked, "What's your name?"

"B-Bruce sir."

"Well Brucey, you're coming with me, you gotta meet my new partner in crime, we got big things planned!" Walking backwards, Jerome giggled before he spun around and marched off, Bruce hurrying to follow behind him.

"Ugh that idiot got caught! I leave him for two seconds and he's caught by the Scooby gang and my annoying sister. Okay, Brucey, you and I are going to be all heroic and rescue hot stuff and then you will go and find any followers I have left." Leaving no room for argument, Jerome skipped off to look for Kai.

Stepping into the apartment at Whitmore college, Jerome titled his head seeing Tyler unconscious on the floor with Damon stood over him hanging up a phone. Shooting him in the back once, Jerome ordered Bruce to keep shooting him to keep him down whilst he walked up to where Kai was stirring in his sleep.

"Wakey, wakey sleeping beauty! Need me to kiss ya?"Tilting his head, Jerome watched as Kai groaned waking up, rolling his eyes at the ginger.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Damon demanded as he got the upper hand, pinning Bruce to the wall by his throat and glaring at Jerome.

"Woah no need for the attitude grumpy pants! You jealous I offered gorgeous a kiss and not you?"

Letting go of Bruce, ignoring him as he ran out of the room, Damon stepped forwards with an angry look in his eyes as he watched the two psychopaths.

"What? Gingers not your type?"

Growling frustrated, Damon glared threateningly as he walked up to Jerome, only stopping when Kai sat up and tried to work magic on him and failing.

"Ooh trying to pop a blood vessel in my brain? Sorry, not gonna work. Looks like all that magic you sucked away drained away while you were asleep, which is good for me. But don't worry, I know where you can get more."

"You really think I'm gonna trust you?" Kai questioned Damon sarcastically whilst Jerome mockingly shook his head 'no'.

"No. And I'm not gonna trust you. I jus happen to need a magic siphon and you're the only game in town. You," Damon turned to Jerome, "we don't need."