Born Bad

"Hello?" Stepping into the Salvatore house, Kai cheerily called out as he searched for Damon and Elena, Jerome trudging behind him with a look of annoyance plastered across his face.

"-On his way to Portland!"Damon finished the sentence just as the two stepped into the room.

"Whew! I forgot how massive his house was."

Scoffing at Kai's words, Jerome sneered announced his presence, "I didn't know it was this big, you know, spending all my time here locked in a basement."

"Yum, cupcakes!" Ignoring Jerome's words and the threatening glares Damon was sending him, Kai stepped towards the cupcakes, immediately grabbing one.

"Sorry, are we interrupting something?" Kai questioned using a sarcastic tone, however Jerome frowned at the slight edge of sincerity in his words.

"What are you doing here?" Damon groaned,Elena had yet to take her gaze away from her brother.

"Funniest thing. We need your help." Coughing loudly, Jerome glared at Kai, "I need your help."

"Why would we give a letter to Jo?" Elena spoke up for the first time, crossing her arms as Kai jumped onto the table whilst eating the cupcake, Jerome groaning in boredom and deciding to simply lie on the kitchen floor. Throwing a small dagger into the air above his face and catching it, repeating this motion over and over again, Jerome pouted like a child when Elena used her vampiric speed to catch it mid air and take it away from him.

"I can't find her using a locator spell and you know, good on her because under normal circumstances I'd be super jazzed to gouge out her belly button." Licking the frosting off the cupcake, Kai spoke casually as Elena and Damon gave him looks of disgust.

"Why would we help you Kai?"

"In case you haven't figured out by now, I'm a sociopath."

"Well duh!"Jerome muttered as Kai spoke the obvious.

"I know, shocker. I like being a sociopath, you know? I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love." As Kai spoke this, his eyes darted to Jerome for a split second, luckily with his eyes closed Jerome didn't see, however Elena caught it with a frown.

"So then, this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won. Which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic...but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died. How Liv's life is ruined. For horrible reason, I can't shake...how badly I feel about it." Shaking his head, Kai sighed tiredly at the emotions surging through him.

"You feel bad?" Elena asked in utter disbelief.

"Yeah. So when I absorbed Luke's magic,I must have got some of his qualities or something, like empathy. So I googled how to process emotional pain and they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you? Like, like water just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids."

"You mean you cried?"

"Yes! He did. And he would. Not. Stop. Got to the point I was considering gouging out his eyes." Jerome spoke through gritted teeth, refusing to get off the hard tile floor. Elena and Damon shared looks of doubt at the situation, unable to believe that Malachai Parker actually cried.

"And after that was done, I burned the letter. The feelings, whoop, they're still there. So I really feel strongly that Jo need to know how sorry I am for destroying our family." Looking down guiltily, Kai finished.