6

"MS. FOSTER!"

I jolted up, "Uh YES! What was your question miss!"

Laughter erupted from the class, I hid under the curtain of my blonde hair to hide the blush on my cheeks.

"Here's a question for you, Ms. Foster. Why on earth were you sleeping in my class?!" Ms. Alina scolded.

Ms. Alina was one of my law course teachers. People like her shouldn't be teaching in Foxfire. Some might say she's a woman who looks kind, loyal and caring. Hate to break it to those "people" but Ms. Alina is definitely NOT the epitome those said characteristics.

I rolled my eyes. "Geez, and here I thought you would be proud of me since I stayed up late last night to study the lesson in ADVANCE." I mumbled sarcastically, hoping she won't hear me.

"I would've been if you weren't dozing off in the middle of class!" She said with anger lacing in her voice. She sighed, "That's it! Detention Ms. Foster!"

Well, I guess she heard me then.

More laughter echoed, and I, Sophie Foster took the slip from Ms. Alina's hands and happily sauntered out of the room and went my way to the detention room.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" I heard a boy's voice say, I groaned. "Foster being sent to detention! Wow, this must be a dream!"

"Shut up, Keefe."

He wrapped his slender arms around my shoulders, "So, whaddya do to get yourself into detention?" Keefe told me as I huffed. "It's okay, you can vent how bad Ms. Alina is to me."

I gave him a smile, "So, the conversation went something like this: She screamed my name like a crazy banshee then I jumped awake and asked her if she had a question. Next, she was like 'why were you sleeping in my class?!' And I was like 'Geez, I thought you would have been proud of me since I did advance studying!' Then she turned red and said 'I would've been if you weren't dozing off in class! That's it! Detention Ms. Foster!'" I explained, throwing terrible imitations of Ms. Alina there.

He laughed "Wow Foster, we need to team up and prank her sometime!"

"Uhh no thanks. But the point was, I just dozed off for a freaking milisecond then she just notices me and sends me to detention, even though the kid at the back was sleeping like a sleep-hungry weirdo, plus, he was snoring too." I vented out more, "I swear, she's out for my head or something."

"I know, Foster! Isn't she just the best!" Keefe replied with an overexaggerated smile.

We laughed and in no time, we arrived the room.

The detention supervisor today was this old guy named Mr. Sanders.

He was infamous for his constant urge to sleep every few minutes or so (are there any bnha fans? The last sentence reminded me of Aizawa-sensei😂). Not one sound can wake him up, splashing water on his face is the only way.

I sigh and place the slip on top of his laptop. I then sit on the far corner of the room with Keefe following me like a lost puppy.

I brought out my phone and continued the article I was writing about feminism and gender equality.

There was a small publishing shop near here and I would love it if they published it somewhere people can openly see.

He sat on the seat next to me, "What made you sleepy then?"

"Come again?"

Keefe leaned closer to me, with his minty breath fanning my blonde hair. "I said, what made you sleepy then?"