05

a lιgнт ιn тнe darĸ

( author's note ): do NOT ship Five with anyone, she is a child and you are weird.

It had been a long day for everyone on the team, all of them physically and / or mentally drained and tired. They had a setback today, with the unexpected code green and the equally frustrating run-ins with the Maximoff twins.

Both twins were difficult, one fast and the other unbelievably annoying with her mind-tampering abilities. After actually seeing the two, the team were generally surprised that these were who Five had connected with.

They were also surprised that the twins hadn't gone to collect her from the ship whilst she was alone.

Either way, the kid was still with the mismatched group of people.

They arrived at a farmhouse, it was a decent size and perfect for a family to live in. Clambering out of the jet, with Five being carried by Clint, they approached the house.

"Honey," Clint called. "I'm home." He gently placed Five down on a couch before being greeted by his wife. "Hi. Company, sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey," His wife, Laura, greeted. The married couple shared a loving kiss as Tony leaned towards Thor.

"This is an agent of some kind..." he told the god.

"Gentlemen," Clint brought their attention to the woman beside him. "This is Laura."

"I know all of your names." Laura reluctantly admitted as the group of heroes shuffled awkwardly.

"Ooh! Incoming." Clint warmed as they heard the loud footsteps of children. They ran inside, a boy and a girl.

"Dad!" The girl greeted, Clint immediately picking her up into his arms.

"I see her!" He kissed his son's head lovingly. "Hey buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh..."

"These are... smaller agents." Tony attempted, his shock still present on his face.

"Look at your face! Oh my goodness." Clint continued playfully talking with his kids.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Lila, Clint's daughter, asked.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" The said woman stepped forward with her arms out, ready for her hug.

( *•.¸ - ¸.•* )

After explaining everything to the heroes, Clint and Laura took Five and migrated to their own room. They had his shirt lifted up, inspecting where he had been injured.

"See? You're worried for nothing." Clint reassured his wife, a hint of a smile on his face.
"Can't even feel a difference, can you?"

"If they're sleeping here, some of them are gonna have to double up." Laura told Clint, and he laughed.

"Yeah... that's not gonna sell." He told his wife.

"What about Nat and Dr. Banner? How long had that been going on?" Clint had a puzzled expression on his face after her question.