07

a lιgнт ιn тнe darĸ

The team were preparing themselves, both physically and mentally, for the battle ahead of them.

Five stood in a room with Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, the former pulling on a new shirt before discovering a red leather jacket. He instinctively threw it at his twin sister, who wasn't expecting it. The jacket landed in her head, slowly dropping onto her shoulder before she pulled it off her altogether.

She raised her eyebrow just slightly, before giving her twin a small smile. Five trotted over to Pietro, pulling down a shirt that was extremely similar to his. She pulled it over her black tank top, and let it go over her skinny jeans.

She found the jeans slightly uncomfortable, but she dealt with it anyway. The speedster grabbed a pair of brand new trainers, knowing it wouldn't take him long to break them in.

Five had already had some new shoes, curtesy of Tony Stark, and had loved them ever since she first put them on. She wore them everywhere, and that included into the battle.

Pietro helped the small ginger roll up the sleeves of the large shirt, bending down so he was at her level.

"Now, you be careful, okay?" He questioned, his accent thick with his concern for the kid. She really couldn't have been older than 12 - most likely just the mere age of 10. She smiled at him.

"I will!" She told him cheerfully, before holding onto his hand tightly as they began to move towards the jet, ready for battle.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

As they were all sat in the jet, the young experiment felt her veins fill to the brim with something she couldn't recognise. When she looked it up on the tablet beside her, she found that she was anxious.

Upon closer inspection, the website She visitors claimed that;
'feeling or showing worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome'

This made slightly more sense, but she realised, she was scared.

And the girl being scared wasn't unusual, but it was to this degree. Being at the Hydra base, she occasionally saw things that she certainly wasn't supposed to see. But some things were fuzzy, and hard to remember. There was also the fact that she couldn't remember anything from the first half of her life.

The first thing she can recall is two blinding white lights, and then it was a haze of pain and screams.

Before she could retreat to far into her own mind, Pietro came and sat beside her, allowing her to curl up into his side as he placed his arm over her shoulders. A few glanced over with short smiles, admiring how the man cared for the young child - almost as if she were his own.

"You alright?" The speedster asked, giving her small shoulder a light squeeze. She nodded, her actions looking almost numb compared to how they usually were. He frowned, looking over to Wanda who was reflecting his facial expression.

"What is the matter?" He questioned, worry and concern flickering on his face as he looked down at her, though her ginger hair was covering her face.
"Come on, Five. Tell me," he urged, and then she glanced up at him, her eyes glazed over with unshed tears.

"I'm scared," she admitted, causing some adults to look over in the quiet jet. Steve Rogers released a sigh, as he was extremely hesitant on allowing the kid to come with them. He knew she was trained in combat and control, but she was just a kid.

"I know," he told her, watching as she grabbed onto one of his significantly larger hands. "I know. But it's going to be okay in the end, and then how about me, you and Wanda go and find some nice place. We can have some good food— have you ever tried chocolate before?" He reassured, before looking at her with a questioning glance.

"I- No... I don't think so." She said, making him mock an extremely appalled face. She giggled at the expression, and he smiled.

"Well, we're going to get you some chocolate. I'm sure you're going to love it." She nodded with a grin.
"Promise?" She asked, hesitantly.

He responded immediately, "I promise."
He held out a pinky finger, and she looked at him in confusion. Noticing she didn't understand, he grabbed her smaller hand and raised her pinky, bringing and looping it with this.
"This means promise, pinky promises are some of the most important promises, okay?"

"Okay." She smiled, and then leaned over Pietro to hand out her pinky to Wanda. The woman herself grinned in amusement, and pinky promised the girl along with her brother.

She sat back into her space beside Pietro, a smile gracing her pale face as she muttered to herself, "promise..."

( *•.¸.¸.•* )

ok, so i really don't know how to feel about this chapter. i don't know, i'm just disappointed with it, i guess. hopefully the next chapter will be better.