Chapter 39

Bai YueSheng immediately sat up ramrod straight in his seat as though he was an obedient young student.

Gong Yi looked at him sideways.

Bai YueSheng only looked straight forward as though there was something in the coffee shop opposite them that was so eye-catching that he just couldn’t look away.

Gong Yi: “En?”

Bai YueSheng stammered, “That… uh…. That’s not me, that’s…. Qin Yan….”

Gong Yi lightly spoke. “I’ll turn them into corpses and then I’ll have the truth of the matter.”

“No, don’t!” Bai YueSheng said quickly. “They’re already an ex-husband, an ex-boyfriend, ex-fiancee and also the brother isn’t related to me by blood.”

Ah Jiu: “Really there are mountains outside mountains. Seeing you bullied makes me so happy, what can I do!”

Bai YueSheng: “Damn you, stop talking nonsense. If he bites me then don’t think about the promotion mission, to spend the rest of my life as walking corpse is terrifying!”

Ah Jiu: “This man is a huge bug!”

{T/N: “Bug” written in English, refers to computer bug i.e. cheat or error in programming, not the creepy crawly kind haha}

Bai YueSheng: “Ghost knows how I got up the courage back then to get involved with him.”

Ah Jiu thought for a moment and then could only give him a friendship candle. “Add oil….”

Bai YueSheng took a deep breath. He was just about to try to see if acting spoiled would work or not when Gong Yi lightly smiled. His hand landed on Bai YueSheng’s hair and he said lowly, “Don’t fuss.”

Bai YueSheng: “….”

Gong Yi released the seatbelt. When he got out of the car he wanted to pick up Bai YueSheng but Bai YueSheng hurriedly said, “I can do it myself. Right now my body is very healthy.”

Gong Yi paused. “It does seem much healthier than before.”

What do you mean “seem much healthier”? The difference was like that of heaven and earth. Back then after he used his ability, even if he tried to pick up a cup of water his arm would break. Now he could lift up Jiang Xiao Ming with one finger.

But habit was a frightening  thing. Especially this kind of thing that occurred day after day for such a long time, it was already deeply carved into his consciousness and impossible to extract.

The Bai YueSheng who had unexpectedly managed to avoid answering a difficult and terrifying question, let out a breath of relief. He understood Gong Yi very well. When he wanted to spoil him, it was really being spoiled. But if he broke his bottom line, then he would unhesitatingly and unmercifully kill him.

Bai YueSheng had seen it many times. After all in the post-apocalyptic world, someone that was merciful and soft-hearted wouldn’t live long.

Especially since Gong Yi wasn’t even human.

Bai YueSheng finally stopped worrying about Mother Earth because he was too worried about himself.