=> Sure why not

You finish up your chip. "Mm, sounds good! Maybe learning how to cook will get me some friends!"

"Friends? Are you having difficulties gathering some?"

You piercingly crunch up another chip. "Well, *crunch* yeah. See, I miss a lot of social cues, y'know?"

"Evidently," she mutters.

"Yeah so, *crunch* that tends to make people think I'm weird or something." You pause. "Wait, am I weirding you out right now?"

The pot starts to bubble up. She smacks it with her oar, causing it to sizzle down. "You're fine. Trust me, I've seen...weirder."

You lean against the table, just about a meter away from the pot, but facing away from it. "Oh, that's good! I mean, I'm used to weirding people out, so it's not like, a big deal if you are."

A gooping tendril emerges from the pot, making its way towards you. In a panic, she drops her oar and tries to grab a hold of it to stop it, but it's too slippery. "N-no, really," she reaches for her oar again, "I'm absolutely enjoying this conversation."

You take out another chip. "Really? I'm enjoying it too! Hey, y'know, you're a really nice person!"

The tendril is mere inches from you now. It pounces at you--

Upon biting the chip, a piece falls. "Ah shit, wouldn't want you to clean this up," you say while crouching down and avoiding a horrendous neck massage.

She mercilessly beats back the creature into the pot once more. With the pot at rest, she takes a seat, exhausted. "Oh... *huff* thank...you." She clears her throat. "You seem nice as well, so I recommend that you stand clear of the pot."

You quickly jump away from the table. "Aw fuck, I did it again! I'm sorry. See, you'd think common sense would tell me that I shouldn't be near a boiling pot."

"Sure, let's go with that." She stands up. "And again, it's fine, really. I'm not angry, I am simply concerned for your safety."

You get up close to her face, staring at her intently. "Y'know..."

She leans back a bit with a raised eyebrow. "Uh...yes?"

"...You're a really really nice person!"

She covers her face with her big hat and nudges you back with her oar. "Thank you, it's nice to hear that twice in a row. But you really shouldn't be near this pot for now."

You jump back again. "Ah, goddamnit, I'm so sorry. I swear I heard you the first time, promise!"

She sighs, but ever so slightly smiles at you. "It's fine. Seriously."

You sit down, taking out the last chip. "Say, do you..."